Giants Version 1.5?

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Alexander wrote:The game gets laggy enough without a program taking pictures and sending them to the server, besides theres no wall hacks in Giants. Anyone can figure out if someones cheating.
It took me quite a while to find out a very reliable person was cheating, so don't say that pinchy. Also, some people just use inf ammo and go unnoticed. Or even inf jetpack and such.
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

Trust me, I have used DMW, and it's works fine. Screenshots don't realy make it laggy, though I'm on 600k cable. It's effective, and it works. It's just an idea for what the anticheat could be like.
Tam
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Tam »

well mutilator. I don't think that DMW supports Giants CK...

Anyway, i can't create a count, their page is fucked up.
Are you sure that this anti-cheat is reliable ?
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

yes, this anti-cheat is reliable, and no, it does not support Giants. All I was saying was that the system works, and could possibly be used. We may aven be able to contact them and have them help us make an anti-cheat.
Tam
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Tam »

umhhhh... Bah who knows ? I sent them a mail and a mail too to punkbuster team.
Waiting answers.
Pinchy
Yan the Pimp

Post by Pinchy »

[TO]Semore wrote:
Alexander wrote:The game gets laggy enough without a program taking pictures and sending them to the server, besides theres no wall hacks in Giants. Anyone can figure out if someones cheating.
It took me quite a while to find out a very reliable person was cheating, so don't say that pinchy. Also, some people just use inf ammo and go unnoticed. Or even inf jetpack and such.
Who Malix? Most cheaters aren't careful about geting cought. Besides, PB would be much better.
Baldrick
Yan the Pimp

Post by Baldrick »

lol tam, my opinion on you has greatly changed over the last few days.
I don't hate you anymore :roll:
lol.
I am also going to learn some basic c++ programming, i have already started.
I want to help in any way possible :)
Maybe we could be looking forward to a 1.6 patch 8)
:D

Btw Olden.
Is there any way that you know of that we can get the player models into the game?
I would love to see some new models.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Baldrick wrote:lol tam, my opinion on you has greatly changed over the last few days.
I don't hate you anymore :roll:
lol.
It's been a year. Better to put the past behind us.

Anyways, who sent you the bug list Olden? I'd like to check it out. I could make a list of my own, just incase some bugs are missed from that list...

Infact, maybe a bug list topic is a good idea, so we can all mention the bugs we want removed. =)
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

or just list all the bugs, not what we want removed, thats so demanding :D
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

A public list of bugs would be a bad idea in my opinion. A great deal of them are semi-exploitable, so having them sitting around on the board would be unwise.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

lNEOlZ0PharX wrote:A public list of bugs would be a bad idea in my opinion. A great deal of them are semi-exploitable, so having them sitting around on the board would be unwise.
I completely 2nd that, and if I am right with who gave Olden the list of bugs, I'm sure he has all of them, plus more that you don't know.
UnknownGuru
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by UnknownGuru »

Besides the few I taught in MaFiA, no-one else played like me so Im pretty sure not ALL the bugs have been mentioned.

Also, every game has it's bugs here and there. Usually only the pro's care to seek out and utilize them to their fullest. It'd be a pretty damn boring game without a good'ol glitch here and there. :wink:
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

{KoS}UnknowN|Guru wrote:Besides the few I taught in MaFiA, no-one else played like me so Im pretty sure not ALL the bugs have been mentioned.

Also, every game has it's bugs here and there. Usually only the pro's care to seek out and utilize them to their fullest. It'd be a pretty damn boring game without a good'ol glitch here and there. :wink:
No, then you just gay up the game.
TheJHam
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by TheJHam »

a new patch for giants would be pimpidelic!
DELETE
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by DELETE »

a new patch may draw back my interest yah know^^ :D