Character swap?

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Giacomo1496
Kabuto's Playtoy

Character swap?

Post by Giacomo1496 »

Hello,i would to ask if it is possible to swap character during single player champaign.For example,can i play as other bots or other game characters?maybe with debug? i found a screen in this site about a user that was able to play as a smartie.If it's not,can i use dual pistol and fly faster like other mecc? thank you.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Re: Character swap?

Post by Tig »

The character swapping you've seen was done with a hacked client bot for Giants V1.5 multiplayer. It was purely for fun to see what would happen.

If you go to your game files you will find GiantsEditor.exe (if updated to V1.51). This is Debug mode. You can then visually swap your character for one of the other models. The game cannot be played properly if at all this way and the risk of crashing and destroying your game is high.

If you are unfamiliar with debugging tools in games in general, i advise against using it. The risk of damage to your game files is high

The campaign cannot be played this way.

It is also not possible to get the double handgun.
Giacomo1496
Kabuto's Playtoy

Re: Character swap?

Post by Giacomo1496 »

Thanks anyway.I'm not an expert but is there a possibility to insert other debugging command? For example,in he vers. 1.0 i'm able to swap character ...so is it possible to add a command to spwn Tel (example)? so the entire model that has the double handgun and other jetpack stats?I'm only supposing this.Mayber it's easier then modify Baz.