Help about my new map

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:I've used this with some success in the past: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/
Thanks. But now i'm making the map more bigger and realistic. It will also be more detailed than before. It will simply be better, you'll see :D . In a week the map might be done and i'll post screenshots :wink: .
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Despite all what you have seen for now, this is currently how the map is going on 8) :

As i've promised, with more effort and work the map is looking better than never.
Giants Freak
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Giants Freak »

Ok, whats with the colors?>

looks kinda weird

further good job
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Giants Freak wrote:Ok, whats with the colors?>

looks kinda weird

further good job
Yes i know, but these are the colors that have giants. It's difficult to select a different color that fits the buildings. That's the closest thing i can do and the closest of the city. All the buildings are real, i'm using to see NY images to do the map. I'll continue posting more updated images :wink: .
Last edited by Giants_Gamer32 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Updated images 22/09/09: after loosing all my work on my previous map (GMM errors) i had to do it all again different but improving it:

NEW !!!

After a lot of work the Empire State it's redone ! now it's like the real !

NEW !!!

Anyone knows how to make the teleporters and the smartie platform to work ? And how to make smarties appear in the map ? i've tried adding smartie tunnels but they don't spawn :( .
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Mmmm, seems nobody is interested in my map even if it's unique :( . Some people posted a lot of ideas in other topics about maps they were gonna do but nothing. At least me i make my promise. And forget the black objects, now they have light and looks properly. Solved how to make teleports work. I'll post more images.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

hey gamer, the smartie hatch needs AImode 3, be sure to have that , or they wont spawn smarties, and as for teleport, the teleport object doesn't do sh**, the only way to make a teleport is by making a piece of land(rlly small)
put a object so u don see, and then when some1 flies into it u be teleported:

Drawn: _/\_
Land + object |- _-|
<---- Some1 flies into that area the will be
teleported, and becuz of tower/Rteleport
Land _________ ____________ it will look like a real teleport

ow buggger ignore my drawing, in message = all fucked up :/
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:hey gamer, the smartie hatch needs AImode 3, be sure to have that , or they wont spawn smarties, and as for teleport, the teleport object doesn't do sh**, the only way to make a teleport is by making a piece of land(rlly small)
put a object so u don see, and then when some1 flies into it u be teleported:

Drawn: _/\_
Land + object |- _-|
<---- Some1 flies into that area the will be
teleported, and becuz of tower/Rteleport
Land _________ ____________ it will look like a real teleport

ow buggger ignore my drawing, in message = all fucked up :/
Thanks. I'm gonna put teleporters in because you cannot reach the top of the Twin Towers and the Empire State with the gyrocopter because they're so impressive :D (they pass the limit of height of flight). Putting mecc spawn points at the top of them make's that if you get out of the towers you fall from a great height with great speed (cause as i've said before, you are above the limits of the height of flight so that causes you to go rapidly down) so you'll always be injured when landing, which would look ugly in my release. What do you prefer, a Mecc vs Mecc or a 3way ? And last question: is there a way to decrease the fog ?
Last edited by Giants_Gamer32 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

maybe i can help with teleporters...
and i dun rlly know if u should make 3way or mvm, maybe make 2 versions of the map :D
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:maybe i can help with teleporters...
and i dun rlly know if u should make 3way or mvm, maybe make 2 versions of the map :D
Ok, wanna take a look on my map ? (not finished of course). At this moment it's a 3way map.
Last edited by Giants_Gamer32 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

New image, the hardest of my creations now it's visible without that black texture:

What's the best place to see the best views of the Empire State Building ? The Top of the Rock observation deck at Rockefeller center located at 70th floor. The Empire State looks small but it's huge, only is that he is at a very long distance.
In the horizon you can appreciate the earlier skyline of the downtown.

(ignore the "2nd tallest building" thing in that message, because didn't thought at that moment that the Twin Towers are there, so it will be the 4th :wink: ). Expect much more later.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Update 28/7/09: Bank of America building is finished :shock: !!!

I know it's not perfect but it's the closest i can get to, and very hard to do.
Last edited by Giants_Gamer32 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Very impressive! All you need now are custom textures :)
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

King wrote:Very impressive! All you need now are custom textures :)
How ? I don't know how to put textures or custom textures :( .
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Updates:

-added teleports so you can get to the top of the South Tower (maded previously the lobby to get inside the tower).

-Added smartie tunnel so now i've solved the problem about no spawning smarties.