Wierd bug: 'enter' not working

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Sleopold
Kabuto's Playtoy

Wierd bug: 'enter' not working

Post by Sleopold »

Hello, I really hope that there are some nice people out there who can help me!

I just downloaded and installed the Mecc demo of Giants, and installation and everything went without any problems whatsoever. Also, there are no problems with the game during initial startup, the problem occurs when actually having to 'get started':
In the first menu, where one is asked to input a name for the first player profile, I am unable to do so. I can write the name, no problem, but when i press the 'enter' key, nothing happens. I've tried every other key on my keyboard and every single one of them works without problem, but not enter!

I have searched various forums, but I haven't found a solution for the problem, not even someone with the same problem. My computer is a laptop, Acer Aspire 7730, it's not even 3 months old, and so far there's been no problems with it. Also, Giants seems to be the only game/program that doesn't respond to the 'enter' key.

Anyone who has experienced the same problem or have an idea as how to solve this annoying problem?
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Wierd bug: 'enter' not working

Post by HellSnake »

Sleopold wrote:Hello, I really hope that there are some nice people out there who can help me!

I just downloaded and installed the Mecc demo of Giants, and installation and everything went without any problems whatsoever. Also, there are no problems with the game during initial startup, the problem occurs when actually having to 'get started':
In the first menu, where one is asked to input a name for the first player profile, I am unable to do so. I can write the name, no problem, but when i press the 'enter' key, nothing happens. I've tried every other key on my keyboard and every single one of them works without problem, but not enter!

I have searched various forums, but I haven't found a solution for the problem, not even someone with the same problem. My computer is a laptop, Acer Aspire 7730, it's not even 3 months old, and so far there's been no problems with it. Also, Giants seems to be the only game/program that doesn't respond to the 'enter' key.

Anyone who has experienced the same problem or have an idea as how to solve this annoying problem?

hmm my friend had something like that and his pc was infected with spyware/virus/malware

and i excperience something like that, when i play, alt tab, go back to giants, my enter doesn't work anymore untill i restart giants.exe

further i dunno what the problem is so if i were u, go scan urr pc
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Sleopold wrote:Hello, I really hope that there are some nice people out there who can help me!

Get the full game.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:

Get the full game.
wel wel well, giants gamer u are very active lately :wink:
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
Giants_Gamer32 wrote:

Get the full game.
wel wel well, giants gamer u are very active lately :wink:
That's probably because 1.5 patch is coming :D . But i also check this page nearly everyday for news since 1 or 2 years.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

If you're running Vista, try pressing the alt key once. Patch 1.5 should solve this problem.
Sleopold
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Sleopold »

First of all, thanks to all who responded so fast :D
HellSnake(NL) wrote:

hmm my friend had something like that and his pc was infected with spyware/virus/malware

and i excperience something like that, when i play, alt tab, go back to giants, my enter doesn't work anymore untill i restart giants.exe

I just tried running both a virus and spy- and malware scan, and both revealed nothing. The key still did not respond.
Tasiin wrote:If you're running Vista, try pressing the alt key once. Patch 1.5 should solve this problem.
I do have vista, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for the 1.5 patch to be released :)
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Sleopold wrote:First of all, thanks to all who responded so fast :D
HellSnake(NL) wrote:

I just tried running both a virus and spy- and malware scan, and both revealed nothing. The key still did not respond.
Tasiin wrote:If you're running Vista, try pressing the alt key once. Patch 1.5 should solve this problem.
I do have vista, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for the 1.5 patch to be released :)
dude, just download the REAL version, the mecc demo = crap de la crap
(if u want i could post u a PM with link to giants download)
Sleopold
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Sleopold »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:
Sleopold wrote:First of all, thanks to all who responded so fast :D
HellSnake(NL) wrote:

dude, just download the REAL version, the mecc demo = crap de la crap
(if u want i could post u a PM with link to giants download)
Please do, would be great :)
Sleopold
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Sleopold »

This is getting frustrating :?

Now I've dl'ed the full version of the game, installed patch 1.4, giantshook, grm and the problem is still there :(

Is there any .ini file or the like in which you can make a player profile, without having to actually open the game?
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Sleopold wrote:This is getting frustrating :?

Now I've dl'ed the full version of the game, installed patch 1.4, giantshook, grm and the problem is still there :(

Is there any .ini file or the like in which you can make a player profile, without having to actually open the game?
well i can make a acc for u and make files so that the acc was made on my PC

and then u use all files and then u hve acc OK?
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

http://www.geocities.com/giants_citizen ... nstall.zip tadah!
Sleopold
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Sleopold »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! AHAHAA :twisted:

You're a genius, thanks alot dude :) I'm sooo looking forward to playing this brilliant game again :D
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Sleopold wrote:
HellSnake(NL) wrote:

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!! AHAHAA :twisted:

You're a genius, thanks alot dude :) I'm sooo looking forward to playing this brilliant game again :D
np man, i rule :twisted:

Lock topic:
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Actually, you can make an account through the registry in regedit.