Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

suicide767
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by suicide767 »

meh thats a shame fair enough, cant blame ya dude.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

suicide767 wrote:meh thats a shame fair enough, cant blame ya dude.
I think that he's right. It would be lot's of work. But if in this patch are going to be improvements to the graphics, why just don't fix the four feet footprints of kabuto and make it so it has 3 as it has to be ?
Teshchamp
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Teshchamp »

I thought they already fixed that a while ago :wink:
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Teshchamp wrote:I thought they already fixed that a while ago :wink:
No :( , hope this is fixed in 1.5 patch.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Gyro

Post by HellSnake »

could it be done that u can throw grenades in gyro?
like G = grenades and M = mortars
:idea:
?? good idea/bad idea/takes waaaay to much time! ??
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

How is it hangin with tha patch :D

Post by HellSnake »

hey how is it hangin with the new patch :?: :D

i have some idea's....
  • could it be done that sonaks 'breath/beat'(i dunno or what u call it :wink: )
    has a bigger range, becouse u really need to stand in his 'breath' to suffer from anti-jetpack-O-Situs
    i really think the radius should be bigger...

next on the sonaks are reaper guards who shoot at u.
    but those enormous bullets are WORTHLESS!
    there's NO explosion & it doesn't do alot of damage, and they really are MEGA-slow, so or speed up or give them more damage (and atleast a explosion!)

next are those catapult thingy's and reaper guards with horns.
    the reaper guards should blow the horn when they see u, not when u already shoot them...

those catapults fire the reaper Back-up but when there no full catapults anymore the horn guy loses his function, so i think the catapult auto-recharge so that they keep firin unless the horn guy dies.

if backup arrives it does look weird :?
    reaper guards falling out of the sky hangin to ... nothun
    isn't there some way to give them parashutes or let the backup bullet crash into ground and the reapers run out or something couse this looks like sh*t.

next is a thing that is probaly really hard to improve and maybe can't be done....

the mecc's have a a ring were u put a belt, but when a mecc moves u will see that that ring and other parts of his body(below/above ring/belt) will crash into eachother... could this please be fixed?? and if it's waaay to much work i understand...

and final
    could the music from SP inplented(sorry if spelled wrong i'm dutch)
    into MP, that would be a good improvement
thats all
MJay
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by MJay »

I think it would be great that after a kill (in MP) that u hear a mecc say, 'right between the eyes' just like in SP. but of course if you are on the reapers team they must say something else
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Sorry - playable Offspring and/or Smarties are not plausible, the workload involved would be nothing short of legendary.
Well, if you just copy and paste the texture of the smartie onto the mecc texture, you could have a double sized smartie walking around with a RPG.. although that would look weird :P
AliaErenel
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by AliaErenel »

- (SP) It would be nice if the AI could loose sight of you. I mean, once you shot a guard, everyone one else knows where you are, even if you go on the other side of the map !
It would be nice to be able to break the line of sight. AI would go back to normal, or be more alert, but they would not shoot everywhere you go...

- (SP) More spawns ! It would be nice to have a lot more (various) creatures to kill in the SP missions.

- (Both) Killable birds :) !

- (SP) Level of difficulty ? It might bring some more players...

- (SP) Enabled the cheats again (lost in 1.4) !

I'm sure there 10 000 more ideas... but we'll see in patch 1.6 :mrgreen:

You guys are awesome, keep up.

EDIT (one more !)

- (Both) Being able to leave the shop by pressing the "backward" key !

- (SP) Being able to change your default weapon.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

AliaErenel, you're already able to get out of the minishop by pressing the escape key.
AliaErenel
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by AliaErenel »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:AliaErenel, you're already able to get out of the minishop by pressing the escape key.
Yeah, I know... :) But escape is not the same as your chosen "backward" key !
It's a small feature that would save a lot of time. I don't know about you guys, but having to deviate from my gamepad to "escape" the shop is pretty annoying ! :p

Since you enter forward, it seems logical to exit by going backward.

Thanx for the answer tho.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Since I couldn't be bothered to read all 12 previous pages, I can't say if this has already been mentioned yet.

However, ever since I got this new notebook (with vista home premium) I cannot do the following without first changing one of the settings (I always change a mecc control back and forth real quick).
Type any message in game,
Join multiplayer games via GameSpy, I get the waiting for host to start game message (though this seems to be a bit random, sometimes I do succeed)
Click on a game I searched for with the in game IP function, it does find the server, but when I try to click on it, nothing happens.

When I change one of the controls of the races, everything is fine again (most of the times), as such it's a pretty minor issue, but annoying nonetheless.
There may, or may not be a fix for this already, maybe something with my computer settings, but just tossing it out there.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

i have an idea for the patch, how about when u die as kabuto/mecc/reaper and u respawn, your body get's eaten away by those little critters just like in SP
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:i have an idea for the patch, how about when u die as kabuto/mecc/reaper and u respawn, your body get's eaten away by those little critters just like in SP
Bad idea, also kabuto is way too big. I wouldn't want this personally.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

how is it hangin with the 1.5 patch?