Hey, did i get banned?

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

Snaily
Kabuto's Playtoy

Hey, did i get banned?

Post by Snaily »

I'm wondering because I couldant get any connection to gwd at all earlier, coudant even see the server in gsa.

I can pretty much guess why, ran around a bit, all the same i know i shouldant have on gwd, and really i was testing ghook to see if it would boot me or do a message, i mean your supposed to get kicked arnet you?

I didn't tell anyone first of i was going to do it, because i thought i thought i'd get booted (wich i wanted to see if ghook would do)
Either way im just posting to find out if i've been banned, i'm sorry if i have, there was no harm meant. Hope i can reverse it. Oh well snaily sighning off
Last edited by Snaily on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

The cheat protection in GiantsHook is not an open invitation to the public to test its limits on my server. If you were that interested in doing so, you should have tested it on a private server. I'm not sure what you thought would happen when you did it in front of one of us, especially considering you were already on thin ice after distributing trainers to several people.

Luckily for you, I'm now interested in breaking speed hacks in GiantsHook. They are not particularly useful in this game for cheaters and are easily noticed which is why the initial version of GiantsHook does not scan for them, but you've given me a reason to break them now too. Talk to me in GSA and we'll discuss what you'll need to do in order to get your ban reversed.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Hey, did i get banned?

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Snaily wrote:i know i shouldant have on gwd
You should have, I told you no last time you asked if speed hacks were allowed on gwd. (stupid question, btw) so why'd you do it?
Snaily wrote:I didn't tell anyone first of i was going to do it, because i thought i thought i'd get booted (wich i wanted to see if ghook would do)
If you were doing it to test Ghook, that was a really stupid time to do so. It was a big game and since you didn't tell anyone, if you had been kicked you probably would have been labeled a cheater by just about anyone else in that game. It's really not easy to clear your name in a community this small if that had happened. On top of it all, I was on your team and you used it right in front of me.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Re: Hey, did i get banned?

Post by Salazar »

Snaily wrote:I'm wondering because I couldant get any connection to gwd at all earlier, coudant even see the server in gsa.

I can pretty much guess why, ran around a bit, all the same i know i shouldant have on gwd, and really i was testing ghook to see if it would boot me or do a message, i mean your supposed to get kicked arnet you?

I didn't tell anyone first of i was going to do it, because i thought i thought i'd get booted (wich i wanted to see if ghook would do)
Either way im just posting to find out if i've been banned, i'm sorry if i have, there was no harm meant. Hope i can reverse it. Oh well snaily sighning off

On this forum, under videos, DarkFaloz uploaded a video that showed the effects of GiantsHook

I dunno if its still up, but it did show him getting kicked out of a server after he said in the video he was using a trainer.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Snaily was not using a trainer. If he had, he would've been kicked automatically and banned.
Malix
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Malix »

Snaily, Snaily, Snaily
Snaily
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Snaily »

Lol, well thanks for not freaking out at me- thats what i was worried about. Sorry that i DID do it, and err, it wasnt the best time i guess.

And salem, hi...
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Salazar wrote:On this forum, under videos, DarkFaloz uploaded a video that showed the effects of GiantsHook

I dunno if its still up, but it did show him getting kicked out of a server after he said in the video he was using a trainer.
:lol: So now your calling me a cheater?
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:
Salazar wrote:On this forum, under videos, DarkFaloz uploaded a video that showed the effects of GiantsHook

:lol: So now your calling me a cheater?

Well the fact one of the features you talked about was the cheater-free GH, then a clip that said, "You have been removed from game" came up, its kinda implied :roll:

How else did you get kicked?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

he just had Exploderman kick him for the video. If someone is kicked by GH you will see "Disconnecting: player" in orange text I believe.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

[NEO]Vortex wrote:he just had Exploderman kick him for the video. If someone is kicked by GH you will see "Disconnecting: player" in orange text I believe.
Yeah, falcoz refused to do so 8)
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Lol. Hey I done the completely same thing (testing Ghook) and someone asked me for the trainer on GWD (PM) and I didn't respond to them (they found I had it with my SCREENSHOT in screenshot section of GWD), now im banned from GWD(server), but it doesn't matter. I logged out straight away because I figured I was banned then I logged in on one of my DUMMY accounts, ROFL. Then I went back in and continued playing with some old timers.. Some lamo thought I was trying to cheat and he thought I said something like "giants cracked I crack it crack" when infact I said "I was testing g hook i just enabled the trainer to test it". Oh ye im not telling you my name Tasiin lol I don't think it matters because the dude freaked out on me with capitals and said my new name in GSA, he figured it was me but still wasn't sure. Got about 4 names total pahaha.
Anyways I was testing ghook and thats all that matters. Pretty nice I see. 8)
Oh yea that guy was in the same clan as Tasiin I believe lol. Think it was NEO or something bah, he doesn't listen, what a tit.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Shardz wrote:Lol. Hey I done the completely same thing (testing Ghook) and someone asked me for the trainer on GWD (PM) and I didn't respond to them (they found I had it with my SCREENSHOT in screenshot section of GWD), now im banned from GWD(server), but it doesn't matter. I logged out straight away because I figured I was banned then I logged in on one of my DUMMY accounts, ROFL. Then I went back in and continued playing with some old timers.. Some lamo thought I was trying to cheat and he thought I said something like "giants cracked I crack it crack" when infact I said "I was testing g hook i just enabled the trainer to test it". Oh ye im not telling you my name Tasiin lol I don't think it matters because the dude freaked out on me with capitals and said my new name in GSA, he figured it was me but still wasn't sure. Got about 4 names total pahaha.
Anyways I was testing ghook and thats all that matters. Pretty nice I see. 8)
Oh yea that guy was in the same clan as Tasiin I believe lol. Think it was NEO or something bah, he doesn't listen, what a tit.
what

the hell
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

You aren't banned. I tried to explain to you that you weren't using ghook and whatever the hell caused you to lose connection or crash when activating the trainer was completely unrelated. Maybe you'll understand if you read the log:
11/02/2007 [15:21:46] [OY]NATE has lost the connection.
11/02/2007 [15:23:07] [OY]NATE connected.
11/02/2007 [15:23:24] Keelbrains: manboobs
11/02/2007 [15:23:27] eXistenZ felt [NEO]Vortex's wrath.
11/02/2007 [15:23:28] eXistenZ: wtf
11/02/2007 [15:23:52] [NEO]Vortex slammed Keelbrains into the ground.
11/02/2007 [15:24:03] [NEO]Vortex slammed eXistenZ into the ground.
11/02/2007 [15:24:09] [OY]NATE: I enabled the trainer titmans o lol
11/02/2007 [15:24:17] eXistenZ: LOL
11/02/2007 [15:24:18] [OY]NATE: looks like that trainer issue is fixed
11/02/2007 [15:24:23] [OY]NATE: just testing
11/02/2007 [15:24:28] [NEO]Vortex: you aren't using ghook
11/02/2007 [15:24:31] [OY]NATE: I wonder how they done it
11/02/2007 [15:24:44] [OY]NATE: nah I got that trainer bu I was testing because I saw on gwd they fixed it
11/02/2007 [15:24:48] [NEO]Vortex: ...
11/02/2007 [15:24:48] eXistenZ: cheaters..
11/02/2007 [15:24:50] [NEO]Vortex: yes if you use ghook
11/02/2007 [15:24:52] [NEO]Vortex: you aren't
11/02/2007 [15:24:54] [OY]NATE: thats wat they said
11/02/2007 [15:25:19] [NEO]Vortex threw eXistenZ to eXistenZ's death.
11/02/2007 [15:25:19] [OY]NATE: on gwd forum they said that they have fixed it so nobody can cheat
11/02/2007 [15:25:25] [NEO]Vortex: If you use ghook.
11/02/2007 [15:25:27] [NEO]Vortex: you aren't.
11/02/2007 [15:25:27] [OY]NATE: well it seems to work
11/02/2007 [15:25:28] eXistenZ: rofl
11/02/2007 [15:25:39] [OY]NATE: I mean they made the trainer not work which is good
11/02/2007 [15:25:45] [NEO]Vortex: ...moron sie
11/02/2007 [15:25:47] eXistenZ: rofl
You were the one who wasn't listening. If you haven't figured it out by now, someone needs to download and install ghook and then they can't cheat. Players using gh have a different colored name in the F1 (score) screen, to other gh users. It won't stop some random idiot without ghook like you from coming in and activating a trainer. It's mainly to prove you aren't cheating if someone says that you are.
Puglin.
Yan the Pimp

Post by Puglin. »

...Oh dear.

That's really not that clever.

A) You just told us that you were using a trainer (which turned out to serve no purpose whatsoever) as you used that as the reason you were disconnected EVEN THOUGH you weren't using ghook...

B) You just told us that you were the one with the "dummy account" [OY]NATE... Just in case the NEO's didn't already know, I guess they probably did, being omnipotent and all...

C) Keel said manboobs. Lol.