Giants Edit..........

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Tripwire
Kabuto's Playtoy

Giants Edit..........

Post by Tripwire »

hey ppl im new to the forum..... i had a question about giants edit. my problem is with vimp. givin me a hell of a time too. well c i put the markers in, leave the first marker's team id unchecked and the second marker's id checked and vlue is one..... so on and so forth, just like im supposed to. well getting to the problem some times the bloody vimp work and spawn and other times they dont...... hard to play a base build with no vimp, eh? i just wanted to see if any of you have ran into this problem and if so know a fix for it.......thanks
W4rbird
Sappho's Henchman

Post by W4rbird »

Load other maps to see how it is done.
Tripwire
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Tripwire »

Load other maps to see how it is done.
right...... ya iv done that too, no help there. infact thats how i learned how to put the markers out, it was later when they started to give me problems i read a tutorial on this website. i then knew i had to be doing everything right and someting else was wrong........ but hey thanks anyways, it was a good suggestion :D
W4rbird
Sappho's Henchman

Post by W4rbird »

You may also check other custom maps like my 'Conflict' map in 'Downloads'. Remeber to unpack .gck file in order to load it with editor.
If that won't help, try reinstalling GiantsED. I hadn't any problems with vimp markers since I figured out what they're supposed to do :D
Tripwire
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Tripwire »

hey been a while since i looked here.... i got it figured out tho. what i did was open another map and saw they had a vimp pram in there, so i copied it into my map and it worked..... ill post the specks on it soon. thanks to w4bird for all the ideas, really appreciate it......
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

W4rbird
Sappho's Henchman

Post by W4rbird »

I'm glad I could help :)