Is there any hope for Mac Giants players and 1.5 patch?

All questions/comments related to the Mac version of Giants will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

fleshkopter
Kabuto's Playtoy

Is there any hope for Mac Giants players and 1.5 patch?

Post by fleshkopter »

Please ????? lots of files within the game seem to be the same for both mac and pc versions. I know you mostly hate macs around here, but we really dig Giants too!!
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

All the files here were made for the PC version of giants, but if I remember correctly someone did manage at one point to convert some of the custom maps over for use on the mac version.
If the mac version of giants supports use of the override folder, and/or if the giantszip tool works on the mac version's gzips (if it even uses them *knows nothing of macs*), you should be able to use some of the stuff here, such as the skins... But other'n that I couldn't say. :S

*awaits the arrival of the OMG MAC SUX mob*
Micky
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Micky »

yah we have the override folder and u can use skins but not maps unless .... u go to my site www.macgiants.myfreebb.com and look in one of the posts
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

[NEO]Z0PharX wrote:*awaits the arrival of the OMG MAC SUX mob*
Well.. you gotta admit that macs are complete crap when it comes to gaming, but for office jobs they are ok I guess..

As for 1.5.. it never really had much hope of working out for PC.. not to mention mac.

Also, seeing as I aven't paid much attention and do not know if this has come to order yet; Is there a way to create some patch to make PC and mac versions more compatible so we can all play online?
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

Macs are supposed to be the best machines for recording companies, companies working with sound. I have a few mates working in that biz who told me that :)
Micky
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Micky »

yeah i spose your right about the games there r a few good games (like giants) but other than that not much :cry:
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Thanks to Z0Phar's suggestion, there will now be a Mac board to discuss Mac related issues.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

Hey, that's a good idea!
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Yeah, companies use the MACs instead of PCs. I was at a place once where they edit recordings, after they have been taped.., and I can say that I prefer PC all the way over MAC, no offence ;)