VimpMeat! is Shutting Down

Post questions and comments related to hosting regular servers or dedicated servers.

Moderator: Staff

Keph
Staff
Staff

VimpMeat! is Shutting Down

Post by Keph »

It’s true folks, the title says it all. I've decided that VimpMeat's days are coming to an end. There is no single reason, but I've been thinking a lot lately, and I simply can't come up with enough reasons anymore to justify my time and effort (and money for electricity). I started VimpMeat because I wanted a place that I could play Giants the way I wanted to, but my interest has declined severely lately. I've been through dry spells where I didn't play for a while, but I don't even have giants installed anymore. Even if I played once a week, I still enjoyed having VimpMeat there, but I haven't had the urge to play in months. Later, I kept VimpMeat going because I saw that lots of other people enjoyed playing there too, but hopefully everyone will play on Lolly and Tam's servers more often now. The computer that runs VimpMeat could be doing several things that I would find more useful and enjoyable and I'm also getting tired of basekillers, cheaters, spam and the like. The bottom line is that I don't get anything out of running VimpMeat anymore, but I have to put more time and effort into it than ever. Therefore, VimpMeat's last day will be December 31, 2003.

I will certainly look back fondly on this past year and 4 months as I hope you all will too. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you around not only in the next few days as things wind down, but in the future too. I can usually be found on MSN messenger at vimpmeat@hotmail.com and I'll keep my email address too (vimpmeat@keph.ca).

Sincerely,
Keph