Giants Bots

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

HyperByter
Kabuto's Playtoy

Giants Bots

Post by HyperByter »

Hello dear community, i found this page randomly and looks like there are many fans of this game, just like i m.

As all of you know, we lack some very interesting feature that could come along with this game, and it is AI bots.
Since i got some coding skills and i like to work on private projects, i decided to make bots for this game, yeh it is long-way trip but hopefully we will see some visible results as fast as possible.

I will update this thread regularly so if u are interested in this feature, stay tuned, bots will be available to download via following link:
http://hyperbyter.com/projects/giant_bot
It is part of my own website. i will appreciate any feed and suggestions as project will grow.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Last edited by HyperByter on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Re: Giants Bots

Post by Reventon134 »

Hey man!

Great hearing you got the skills and would like to contribute! If you just found this place, please join our Discord server at: https://discord.gg/Avj4azU - this is where the community is at nowadays. We also got a couple tech projects going on regarding the game and good people, who you'll definitely wanna get in touch with. Amazed for example has created a boss bot, which is a Mecc sitting in the middle of the map with a sh** ton of HP and it got a couple different phases of attacks, brilliant work and a nice challenge.

I'm interested though - what exactly do you mean by AI bots? Note that the AI that's present on some maps is handled client-side, so if you play it on multiplayer with someone else, the enemies aren't gonna be synced, everyone's gonna have a different situation going on.
HyperByter
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by HyperByter »

My point is to create completly stand-alone bots, i will try to analyze packets which game uses to sync players in multiplayer around the map, and replicate them when communicating with host, so they will connect to host as regular client via tcp socket, this will be challenging but should be possible imo. I will try to make bots as inteligent as possible, so they can capture borjoyzee or whatever his name is, use guns, upgrade base and so on.. Such things can be based on waypoints like they used to be in counter strike and other games that didnt have native bot feature. will try to import map terrain somehow from client to my project, so i dont need to do it manually. This should prevent bots from roaming like blind goats around the map.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Amazed has already done a ton of packet analysis in Wireshark and he understands the game's workings like none other! His bot also connects to a server like a normal player. As far as moving around goes, he's working on it at the moment. A lot of technical work has already been done for you :D just hop on the Discord and together you might reach the goal faster
Amazed
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Amazed »

Hi HyperByter,

Like Reventon134 said, I've already worked on a similar project. The project is still WIP but the basic stuff (joining a server, moving, shooting, etc...) has already been done.
You can find me on Discord if you need further information.
HyperByter
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by HyperByter »

The website for project is finished and fully working, i know it is not perfect, but for our needs it is enough. Now i will focus on project itself and any news will be posted on home page of website.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

HyperByter wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:09 am The website for project is finished and fully working, i know it is not perfect, but for our needs it is enough. Now i will focus on project itself and any news will be posted on home page of website.
I'd still like to know what memo we missed saying you can claim your website & project is officially part of the GiantsWD community.

You also completely ignore what other members reply to you, and seem to draw your own plan.
We will be forced to not acknowledge this project, and post warnings about it's integrity.
Marupiamonte77
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Marupiamonte77 »

Hello everybody!
I'm new in GCK and I have a question for you guys:

How can I play with AI bots?
I have downloaded "giants bot" but I always get a failed connection error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have the steam version with the 1.5 patch and some spanish files (text and language).
Sorry if my english have some mistakes uwu
Thanks in advance :wink:
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Marupiamonte77 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:19 pm Hello everybody!
I'm new in GCK and I have a question for you guys:

How can I play with AI bots?
I have downloaded "giants bot" but I always get a failed connection error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have the steam version with the 1.5 patch and some spanish files (text and language).
Sorry if my english have some mistakes uwu
Thanks in advance :wink:
Hey there!

This is an abandoned project made by someone not affiliated with the community.
AI Bots are not something currently in active development in any case.

He started making a bot for V1.4 and wouldn't listen to us we were rolling out V1.5. So everything he did was for nothing.
Marupiamonte77
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Marupiamonte77 »

Oh I see... too bad :?
Is there a way to create a map, play as the meccs, and fight the reapers controlled by the ai? Just like we do in single player missions?
Maybe using the map editor. It is possible?
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

There are a few maps that have AI that could be used to play on solo. You can't play with more people on them though.
If you join the Discord community it will be easier to find what you need in custom maps.

https://discord.gg/Avj4azU

The project seems to have been abandoned and the creator does not respond anymore. It does not work with V1.5 at all, and was never finished to work with V1.497 either. This project is also not affiliated with the standing community.