Other Layout types like RvRvR RvMvM

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

herobago
Kabuto's Playtoy

Other Layout types like RvRvR RvMvM

Post by herobago »

Will there ever be a point when in game you are able to load maps like RvRvR or KvKvK or any mix of Reaper, Mec or Kabuto and be playable?

The map editor allows for such maps to be created but the game doesn't allow such maps to be played.

Since I'm using version 1.497, I have tried turning a MvMvM game to include others teams but the base may be a reaper's or kabuto's but the players will remain as mec's.

Any help is appreciated.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

There isn't any RvRvR or KvK support because Kabuto vs Kabuto is a one hit kill fest using full adrenaline. Reaper v Reaper already isn't much fun and thus not really played, let alone having a third team. Though under 1.4 there was 'Giants Enhanced' (found under patches in the download section) if you want to play with multiple Kabuto teams. Though I don't recommend using it with 1.497.

Anyway, next to the race balance issues, there just aren't enough people still playing to warrant time spent on a feature that will barely be used. Heck, we don't even have the finished 1.5 patch yet. Also, if experience has taught me anything, on MvMvM maps players tend to switch to one of two teams anyway. So an RvMvM probably won't work without the host sorting out teams or limiting yourself to playing with friends.
herobago
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by herobago »

It's just with a small group LAN everyone would like to be a reaper and with an odd number of people playing there is need of the 3 teams. A 3 way with each race, kabuto is too overpowering.

As for KvKvK it was more an option just for giggles now and then.

I guess we'll be sticking with mec's then.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: for clarity - sticking with mec's mean MvMvM maps.
Last edited by herobago on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.