Giants"2" Idea Board

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

That sounds fun, any suggestions concerning types of offspring and their different stats (health, abilities like "dig tunnels when climbing slopes", movement speed,.....)?

I know automatic nuke launcher-carrying offspring traveling at light speed would be nice but please try to keep them as balanced as possible.
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

My Offspring

Post by Depeus »

Ok first my idea, You could make Kabuto have offspring points and you could gain them by EATING players. You don't have to add offspring points, but if you think their good then I will add them in my offspring stats just in case, OK Here I go, here are the offspring w/ stats:

--------
Gatrick
--------

Special: Can fly short distances
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Health: 150
(You can add others)
Offspring Points: 3
Fact: Very powerfull for a quick attack.

---------
Gravler
---------

Special: Can dig under the ground (Can pull victims underground too >:D)
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Health: 65
(You can add others)
Offspring Points: 1
Fact: Can digest victims and give KABUTO offspring points unlike other offspring.

-----------
Chargger (Stolen from l4d2, just he has 2 g's. Lol.)
-----------

Special: Charges at enemies and cripples them, While crippled enemies move slower and cannot use their JetPack/ReaperBoost though they can still use vehicles.
Strength: 9
Speed: 8
Health: 180
Offspring Points: 4
Fact: Kicks ass..Though not always reccomnded.

And That's all!! Their basic, but you could take 'em up ^^
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

What about after kabuto had reached it's full size, after eating 5 or 10 players he transforms (or evolves) into an offspring like form maintaining the same colour and size or a bit bigger, and with this form he gains much more speed, does longer and higher jumps and can swim, but his weakspot is always uncovered and cannot perform adrenaline attacks.
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

I like the idea of a kill streak bonus. Perhaps you could give him an evoluton tree. Like the first version can choose from 2 new forms, and that form can choose from 3 more, I think it would make kabuto gameplay more strategic.
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

How about more players in kabuto team, each one playing as an offspring?

ps: Depheus: Were you the one making warcraft 3 maps, If so, could you try to make units with the stats you mentioned (and maybe improve balance)
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Yes :)

Post by Depeus »

I guess I could try :)
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Depeus »

Oh yeah, They won't have the models though T_T
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

Depeus wrote:Oh yeah, They won't have the models though T_T
Maybe you could use the rabbit model :)
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Depeus »

kk, I put on hold for now, life gets in way :(
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

Depeus wrote:kk, I put on hold for now, life gets in way :(
What's life :?:
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Life...

Post by Nagadkcin »

Life:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

I think he means he has other, more pressing matters to attend to. Right? :wink:
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

According to wikipedia I have a life :)
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Depeus »

Lol yeah u were right [ION]Nagadkcin :)
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

I watched some cod, bulletstorm and section 8 gameplay videos today and I noticed how different their gameplay is from the games I play/can run (think 1998-2003).
Now I'd like to know whether or not you think gameplay has improved over the years and if you think I should add some moderner gameplay elements like ranking systems ("Rank up! sergeant of the master sergeants most important person of extreme sergeants to the max!" :) ), bullet time things, rpg-like level system, regenerating health bars,... to giants 2 (no it won't be in the 0.000000001 release).
Depeus
Lord of the Vimps

Hmmm

Post by Depeus »

Well I like the ranking system, but I don't want it to give an advantage over other players, I think it should be like
"UP UR ASS I GOT RANK *Insert very high number here*" kinda thing. Just something to show off ^__^

Another thing could be that with the ranking system you can unlock cool items to change what kabuto and that look like. I dunno if that's too advanced for you though. :/

Regen health bars are a NO because what would those health injectotions that you get from the shop be used for then? Enless it was a slow regen...

Anyways take my comments into consideration and do what you think you should do, but from what I can see the game will be kick-ass ethier way :) Want me to do some advertising?