Giants"2" Idea Board

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Giants"2" Idea Board

Post by Nagadkcin »

Welcome to the Giants 2 idea topic, please share any ideas you have pertaining to the seqel, we value your input. EDIT: We also need some creative and imaginative names for the seqel.[For we lack the nessesary creativity. :wink: ] A poll will be held at a later date once we have recieved a sufficient amount of sugestions, wich will decide wich title is most original, creative, and actualy goes along with the story.
Last edited by Nagadkcin on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

how about tons of meccs blowing everything off the island :)
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

wheres' the fun in that though? :P It would leave no room for anymore campain. It might be good for a closer cutcene. :o
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Maybe a new storyline like:

The Queen of the sea reapers (Sappho) and kabuto were defeated. Now the sea reaper King (A General reaperman) has taken the role and now possesses a new reapermen huge army and some evil smarties, that with their help, they are able to take mind control of Delphi's sea monster and have created two new huge monsters (Seen in the beta version): a giant spider and a giant golem both about half the size of kabuto.
At the end of the actual game, where the meccs went to the spaceship, the Reaper king (dunno his name xd) was hidding behind a tree and listened the conversation, so now he discovered the natal planet of the meccs. So then, next, he planifies his revenge sending his letal army to the newly unseen planet Majorca, where the final fight will take place.
When the meccs were resting quietly stretched out in lounge chairs on the beach drinking beer and eating paella, they see a gigantic spacecraft going through the atmosphere and lands on a nearby island. Rapidly reapermen shuttles are launched for an invasion and the meccs are surrounded by lots of reapermen. After a fierce battle the Reapermen king appears monted in a sonak and fire's his missile weapon which hits the meccs destroying they're jetpacks, and then, unabling them to reach the nearby island where the "Mothership" had landed.
Now it's turn for Delphi, who will have to swim in the deep waters, defeat his counterpart mind controlled sea reaper monster and discover what's going on there. But the king was preparing a trap and Delphi unfortunately falls in it. Now all hope is reduced, when, in a desperate way, Timmy's soul enters inside the already dead Kabuto's body taking control of him while maintaining it's reasoning. Kabuto rises up once again, and the smartie Yan, awared of this surprise event, creates a giant portal and leaves kabuto where delphi is trapped releasing her after. Now kabuto, the biggest and last hope, must destroy the rest of the reapermen forces, eliminate the 2 giant guards of the Reaper king (The spider and the golem) and finally to defeat the Reaper King, which finally will be eated by kabuto and then, kabuto will throw some rocks which will cause critical damage to the Mothership, unable to land again, and finishing once and for all all the threats of our heroes.
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

Yes, I think we could make giants2 have a 2 part story, first would be pepy's story then GG32's, It would Be Pretty cool, Perhaps we could also have a mission of flying first the mecc ship to magorca, the play as the evil king and fly his mothership there.
Last edited by Nagadkcin on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

I'm looking for an excuse to upload the 0.00(insert tons of 0's here) 0001 version of the sequel, but right now I only have some basic things without any sort of gameplay, so I was thinking of making some sort of minigame, just to add some gameplay, any ideas?

ps: please don't come up with reapers or kabuto(s) since I only have mecc models right now :(
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

The golem:

vs. kabuto:

The spider (Part of my storyline where the King captures Delphi):

Delphi vs the sea monster:

The sea monster under the evil smartie's mind control:

Delphi arrives at the island where the King is supposed to be:

Meccs arriving at planet Majorca:

Small section of inside planet Majorca:

The King's mothership at planet Majorca:

Sorry for the big pictures. Hope you like it :wink: .
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

I love it! The trouble is, making the modles for those fantastic creatures, would be very dificult. :cry:
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

moddeling is not that hard if you have talent (wich I haven't :p )
anyway, maybe they are in one of the .gzp archives, wouldn't suprise me
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

I think hellsnake probably would have found it in his endless searches of giants Zip. :wink:
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

how about we start were the orginal giants left off?
the gang heads to planet majorca and finds it in a state of chaos!
(already can see reg, NOOOO!!! WHO DESTROYED THE PUB!!)

the gang finds out that reaperman attacked and occupy majorca, so first u have to battle alot in majorca yadijadijada etc... then you find out who is the leader, a general/henchman of sapho or something, you battle him, he escapes to giants(or whatever the orginal world is called) , then you will also fly there and do a few missions, liek protect the new smartie villages from the henchman's army, then after few missions, you and with the smarties helping you you have to expand a smartie city into a massive stronghold to fight in a EPIC battle against the main antagonist, HENCHMAN and his army, you defeat him, and reg marries smartie wife(husband died from eating raw meat) and buzz kisses Delphi, the end... how about that for an idea?

PS one of the small missions before the epic battle you have to reclaim the kabuto stone from kabuto's body in the mountains, guarded by reapers. then a few missions to let people figure out how to use the kabuto stone, delphi using stone to destroy a few barracks yadajadijada... and in the epic battle delphi also fights with everybody as kabuto against the reaperhenchman and his robot turruts or something XD that way we still use kabuto
Pepys
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Pepys »

I agree there should be a section involving Planet Majorca. Maybe, the Majorca sections should be the beginning of the game, or one of the beginnings, where we finally get to see what the Meccaryans look like underneath their SPACE SUITS! (Assuming that the atmosphere is habitable for the Meccs). So, the unsuited Meccs wiill wear Hawaiian shirts, swimming suits, and flippers, but still wear their jetpacks. W

Well, what would happen is that the Meccs, Delphi, and Borjoyzee are really enjoying their vacation, but then the Majorcan beaches are terrorized by what look like Kabuto spawn, Sea Reaper guards, or maybe some sea monsters from the Island. This threat to the Majorcan paradise will prompt you and your mates to get your jetpacks, and fly forth against the foe!

These levels would also give the player the opportunity to have Delphi (with her complete Sea Reaper abilities) and Borjoyzee (with his knowledge of the ways of the Smarty) to fight alongside you! (They will have extra lives like the other Meccs). While you're dealing with the vermin from the Island, you'lll find a whole of Bad Meccs (the Meccaryan equivalent of the United Earth Directorate) settling on Planet Majorca, preparing to cause trouble for a whole lot of planets and worlds, including the Island.

For humorous effect, we should have Delphi and Baz skinnydipping in beach, only to be interrupted by a curious Kabuto spawn or sea monster. If it was a Sea Reaper guard, I would have him say: "That's all right. Don't stop on my account. Now, please, continue swimming naked!" To which the reply of Delphi and Baz is a quick arrow and pea shooter blast in the eye.

If levels are set in Planet Majorca, they would have to be done in a way that would set it apart from the Island, and not resemble an Islandish clone. Since Majorca has no dangerous fish like those from the Island, perhaps the Meccs should be allowed the ability to swim (unless the Reaper ship brings along the Island's fish to infest Majorca's oceans).

That's all I can think of for the moment. Swell job on your Giants 2 development, sirs!
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

United earth directorate=Star craft Reference!!! :D Anyway, I'm loving the Planet magorca campain ideas, aswell as the reapers returing as the antagonists. Any creative ideas as to how we could include Kabuto(not just his offspring but the Moster himself) Also I think having a few more meccs in the squad would be nice.(possibly friends Gordon, Benett, and Reg have met in the Pubs of magorca :?: )
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

about starcraft:
meccs = terran (=warhammer humans), reapers = protoss (=warhammer sword-dudes), rippers = zerg (=warhammer tyrranids)
anyone else noticed that?
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

Yes, the connection is quite interesting, however, Lets stay ON TOPIC. :wink: