Giants 2 anyone?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

[ION]Sgt.JackReaper
Sappho's Henchman

Post by [ION]Sgt.JackReaper »

good for you just that planetmoon dont answer my mail nad its very disdurbing....
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Sgt.JackReaper wrote:good for you just that planetmoon dont answer my mail nad its very disdurbing....
they don't anwer any mails...
I have sended them 2 mails and they never replied...
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

uploading TONS of beta screenshots/concept art from the original game.
ty again for the link you send me Hellsnake, you're a good man :p

Edit: forgot to mention: they're on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Giants-2- ... 791169413
[ION]Sgt.JackReaper
Sappho's Henchman

Post by [ION]Sgt.JackReaper »

wow i can't wait intel your done!! keep pn the good work :wink:
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

Sgt.JackReaper wrote:wow i can't wait intel your done!! keep pn the good work :wink:
will probably take a LONG time, but I'll try not to disappoint you :wink:
Pepys
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Pepys »

Thanks to advice of [ION]Nagadkcin, I've got some suggestions to make for this ambitious fanmade expansion:

1. A level, or levels, where the Meccaryans have to make their way from one group of islands to another on Reaperskis, all together. Since the destination takes miles to reach, the Meccs will have to stop at a few deep sea checkpoints to refresh. Unofrtunately, you will have to deal with impending sea monsters and Sea Reaper ships as well. The other Meccaryans can use the Reaperski's firing system if they have to. It might be recommended for the Reaperski to be modded with a pea shooter so that the player can have something to fall back on if they run out of other ammunition.

2. Whether the game is set while Kabuto is still alive or has been revived for unknown reasons, I suggest that Kabuto have his own base building missions (to prepare himself against deadlier threats.) Frustrated as usual, Kabuto suddenly is approached by Timmy's ghost, pleading with him to save the Island from a new threat. He manages to convince him, once Kabuto sees that he can't eat him, and that the comfort of his home is in danger. Timmy will act his his guide, instructing Kabuto to gather Smarties without eating them to build his Kabuto structures. While gathering Smarties, he will have to save them from bad Smarties flooding from other neighborhoods. Kabuto can give birth to multiple Kabuto spawn this time, and their AI should be significantly improved to make better fighting companions. A structure can be built where the Kabuto spawn can be supplied food without needing to expose them to the dangers outside the base for Vimp meat. You might create a jailhouse, armed Smarties can offer you bad Smarties as sacrificial offerings to increase your Kabuto spawn numbers. What the ultimate item would be, I am not sure, but it either be a club, or the ability all the Smarty spirits to tear apart a giant cavern or space ship where your enemies are coming from (since they will be stronger than the average Reaper base.)

3. More exploratory missions and less base building missions for Delphi, since the RTS missions really took their toll on her campaign. Plenty of wide open spaces, Smarty villages, isolated Reaper bases, and other Island locals that were never explored in the original game. I like to see more of the Delphic equivalent of the early Meccaryan episodes. RPG aspects could be included, such as being able to do things for Smarty locals, like the Hunger at the Codpiece Hills chapter. Throughout the campaign, Delphi can acquire her Sea Reaper sisters, dissidents like her, to help her cause. If there were to be a base building episode, I would have only one where she and the other Reapers were to fight bad Meccaryans, who have landed upon the Island to cause all sorts of mischief.

4. You take the role of a Sea Reaper guard. You'll have the benefit of having infinite numbers of guards from your base to be employed against the opposition. Unlike the rest of the Sea Reaper guards, you're the only smart one, in that you know when to take the stealthy approach, or know how to take enemy units or turrets from a far distance more effectively. After a few RTS missions, you'll be separated from your squad or battalion, like in the Mecc campaign, and you'll have to find where the other guards are imprisoned. Since you're the only smart Reaper guard, you'll be the only one who learns to work with the Smarties, and tries to work with them when the other guards would rather feed them to the wildlife. Gradually, you'll come across a bad Smarty who will advise you on a few assault missions against other Sea Reaper armies and the bad Meccs. The Reaper guard can be given the ability to jump and crouch, but the jet pack is better left to the Meccs.

5. Baz is forced to fight Delphi in a base building battle (?!). Probably due to a misunderstanding.

6. You'll get to meet Sandra Myrtle from Chillchuck Island, with Yan's offspring!
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

And There's the baseline for our campain folks! :lol: Do you have any other input for multiplayer match ups? Perhaps the new revived kabuto could have been cyberneticaly upgraded by the evil meccs , to live once more.

"Isnt your mother Sandra myrtle from chillchuck Island?, oh... well then, you could have saved me a world of embarassment....." -Yan, samuri Smartie.
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

CrapHeap, how far are you on coding of the game? do you need any assistance on anything?
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

[ION]Nagadkcin wrote:CrapHeap, how far are you on coding of the game? do you need any assistance on anything?
I'm right now still working on the 'framework' for the game (physics, keyboard input,...), I'll try to finish that part this weekend. As I probably said before, I have no talent whatsoever in 3d modelling so if anyone could help me with that, I would be a happy man :p
Nagadkcin
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Nagadkcin »

We could probably get some of the original modles with Giants Zip, which I think would be best, however if you want entirey new modles, Hellsnake is your man. :)
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

[ION]Nagadkcin wrote:We could probably get some of the original modles with Giants Zip, which I think would be best, however if you want entirey new modles, Hellsnake is your man. :)
I dunno what the models look like in high quality (damn you, crappy pc!) so I honestly have no idea whether or not I want to use the originals. Maybe I'll just have to rewrite the 3dsmax importer/exporter to support blender 3d, witch I can run (most of the time, that is :p )
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

I just installed 3dsmax, so I'll check out the models in a minute or 2, I also just noticed I forgot everything concerning sounds and music :(
is there a composer or voice actor in here?
Pepys
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Pepys »

[ION]Nagadkcin, I have no ideas for the multiplayer match ups (I have yet to play the multiplayer aspect myself), but I do have a few more ideas for the singleplayer.

I was thinking that Kabuto would be resurrected by the spirits or the gods of the Island, who realize that they need the monstrosity's help to save the whole world and its cheerful Smarties.

It would be convenient to have the Meccs be able to pick up powerups, like grenades, mines, flares, and health syringes (that way they could heal themselves so they can keep their certain number of lives on track.)

On the meantime, I'll consider more ideas later.

But thanks for liking them, Mister! :D
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

CrapHeap wrote:
[ION]Nagadkcin wrote:CrapHeap, how far are you on coding of the game? do you need any assistance on anything?
I'm right now still working on the 'framework' for the game (physics, keyboard input,...), I'll try to finish that part this weekend. As I probably said before, I have no talent whatsoever in 3d modelling so if anyone could help me with that, I would be a happy man :p
i have some experience in 3d modelling, not much but some...
CrapHeap
Yan the Pimp

Post by CrapHeap »

HellSnake wrote:
CrapHeap wrote:
i have some experience in 3d modelling, not much but some...
same here... I can model a cube but not much more

ps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RK6WFIUDbg with meccs :p