Getting Involved Again

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

fweemgar
Kabuto's Playtoy

Getting Involved Again

Post by fweemgar »

Hello, GiantsWD community! I used to play this game online very often back in the day and would like to know how healthy the community is. I see that the latest posts have been quite recent, and also that there is a new community-made patch (I was nearly ecstatic when I read that). Is it worth unearthing my CDs and installing this game? If there are people playing and servers to host them then I most certainly shall!

Thank you in advance!
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Hello fweemgar,

It's always worth it to keep Giants installed on your PC :p
As it stands, there are two dedicated servers up 24/7 on which about 95% of all (known) playtime occurs.
Games with 3~4+ players are a daily occurence and if the planets align, go up to 10-15 player games.
Just note that the time at which people are online varies a lot (so it's typically a few spikes of gameplay a day).

Most players are pretty much noobs, but there are still a handful of vets around playing the game.
If anything, you can consider downloading ChateX (GSA alternative) from the downloads section and see who's online (or just say hi) if you're hesitant about reinstalling.