GRM1.0 Released (readme and screenshots)

Ask questions related to the tools or files used to create modifications for Giants. Examples include map making, gmm, and installing skins.

Moderator: Staff

RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

who knows.. the continuing problems with this setup, ATI etc might cause the crashes but if that was so it should have happend before, lets see what happens..
Lavos Telbazreg
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Lavos Telbazreg »

Strange, when I tried to download the GRM at File Planet some errors appeared. Script errors related to some "no ads" stuff. Anyway, excellent work, the screens are really amazing.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Lavos Telbazreg
Kabuto's Playtoy

It doesn't work. I need the GRM to install the GRMGF3, and I can't download the GRM from FilePlanet.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Are you unable to actually download GRM or is it giving you errors upon installation? Downloading GRM from this link:

http://www.fileplanet.com/156177/150000 ... n-Mod-v1.0

works in both Firefox and Opera for me.
Lavos Telbazreg
Kabuto's Playtoy

Thanks to that alternate link, I've downloaded the GRM. Great job, guys. Those new laser shots and explosions are amazing (I have an impression that the RPG shot is faster, am I right?) and the weather effects are really beautiful (not to mention the jetpack "fire" :?: ). I'll now wait for the GRM 2.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

glad you like it and no the rpg isn't faster. :p
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

I like it too. :) The textures look much more modern and professional. I guess they are just more up to date than the originals.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

The textures are only better because the originals were so low res. PM had some amazing artists, assuming they were to work on a project like GRM it would be far better than anything I could do. Some of the original textures date back to 1998 and while I am better than I was last year when GRM was released I'm still nowhere near the skill level they were years ago, which has probably increased immensely since then, as well.
Koryander
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Koryander »

Morning everyone :), quickie question thats been bugging me for quite a bit.

After about... lets say its around 6 months or so, I decided I felt like playing good ol Giants again. Naturaly I hopped on this new GRM thingamajiger you crazy people cooked up. Unfortunatly it seems somethings amiss :/.

I did the following... Installed Giants, patched to 1.4, installed my old fav Geforce 3 mod (bardok, yada yada), installed GRM, and last but not least switched back the override folder...

I'm looking at the screenshots, then look at my game... my water reflections are gone. I THINK I did everything right, I cant think of what I might have done wrong but... are the GF3 water reflections supposed to be gone with GRM?

Thanks in advanced. :D
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

No. Water reflections should be present as long as you have the DX8 renderer installed and the .pso/.vso files for the water shaders. Are you sure you have the renderer? You'd need either an authentic version of GF3 Giants with the gg_dx8r.dll file in the main folder, or you'd need to have used Nullpointer's old GF3 patcher that replaces gg_dx7r with the DX8 version, it should be around ~160KB if you've done that. Installing Bardock's patch alone is not enough because it does not include the DX8 renderer.

If you don't have it, you can pick up the GF3 files off of my FTP here. Just drop them into the main Giants directory and start the game, it will use them automatically.
Koryander
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Koryander »

... I suck. x_x

Knew I forgot something, thanks for the renderer :). By right I should have done some exploring in the forums before bugging ya, but the GF3 renderer that cleared everything up.

Thanks much :D
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

It's no trouble. We really should get the GF3 files hosted on GWD some time, I'm sure this has confused a lot of other people.
kilcron
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by kilcron »

I was able to download Grm from fliepanet but when i try to install it says AppData\Local\Temp\SETUP_29081\00044#GRM.txt
File not found!

please help