Which patches do I need?

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Thom_D
Kabuto's Playtoy

Which patches do I need?

Post by Thom_D »

I finally found a copy of Giants and have installed it. I will download and install patch 1.4 to get the game to the latest version. But I just found this web site and see that there are other patches available. I will not be playing online (It's just not my thing. And besides I am a terrible jumper, shooter, etc. so I would just make other people unhappy if I tried to play with them) so will it help if I install the new patches I have seen here? Or should I just stick with the "Official" patches?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

You can use GRM if you use 1.4, which adds nicer looking effects and textures.

1.5 (1.497) adds weather to the maps, fixes some crashes and adds a few other graphical enhancements (but not as many as GRM.)

I think you should at least give multiplayer a try with 1.497 in the patches section though, it's really a lot of fun.
Thom_D
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Thom_D »

Thanks vortex. I may try multiplayer. If I can ever save the stupid smarties from falling off the cliffs. I am having a hard time getting the feel for the jetpack and catching falling smarties.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

The smarties respawn instantly on that level, so just find one above a high surface that's easy to get to and get that same one over and over. You get a nitro upgrade for the jetpack soon in singleplayer and you always have it in multiplayer, it helps.
Thom_D
Kabuto's Playtoy

How about the GeForce 3 patches?

Post by Thom_D »

I am running an nVidia 7200 GTS with 512 MB VidRAM. Will I get better graphics if I install the GeForce 3 patch?

I have installed the 1.4 Patch, Giants Hook, GRM and 1.497 patches.
arruiaweb
Sappho's Henchman

Re: How about the GeForce 3 patches?

Post by arruiaweb »

Thom_D wrote:I am running an nVidia 7200 GTS with 512 MB VidRAM. Will I get better graphics if I install the GeForce 3 patch?

I need to install the patch on my giants O.o
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: How about the GeForce 3 patches?

Post by HellSnake »

Thom_D wrote:I am running an nVidia 7200 GTS with 512 MB VidRAM. Will I get better graphics if I install the GeForce 3 patch?

uhm... GRM isn't compatible with 1.5 beta, 1.5 delete's it....

this is what u do:

1.4 + Gefore 3 + redblood + GRM +mappack+ level 6+ GMM...

or just

1.497f patch

i recommand the 1.5 beta