WTH is this?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

WTH is this?

Post by HellSnake »

what is this?
whats the diffrence from this and orginal?

:?
arruiaweb
Sappho's Henchman

Re: WTH is this?

Post by arruiaweb »

HellSnake(NL) wrote:Image

what is this?
whats the diffrence from this and orginal?

:?
I think that had something to do with censorship :!: :?:
Nullpointer
Staff
Staff

Post by Nullpointer »

A quick google search revealed the following description (in german):
Den Action-Titel "Giants" gibt es nun auch in der Square Box, wobei er mit einer Reihe neuer Features ausgestattet wurde. Die Story um die drei Helden, die um das Eiland Majorca kämpfen, blieb erhalten. Die Spieler können nun aber auch in einem neuen Mini-Game die Smarties, die unbedarften Ureinwohner der Insel, zertrampeln und sich im Seareaper-Quiz "Ask Delphi" austoben. Die Box beinhaltet zudem die "Giants - Lost World" inklusive Zusatz-Maps, Artworks, stimmigen Sounds und einem Interplay-Bonus mit Demos, Trailern und Patches.
which in English is about:
The action title "Giants" is now also available in the Square Box, where it has been extended with a number of new features. The story about the three heroes competing for the island Majorca has been preserved. The players can now also stomp the smarties, the island's ingenuous natives, in a new mini game and run riot in the sea reaper quiz "Ask Delphi". The box also contains the "Giants - Lost World" including additional maps, artworks, atmospheric sounds and an interplay bonus with demos, trailers and patches.
For me it sounds like they simply re-added the Bonus Disc which was shipped with pre-ordered Giants copies (interestingly I also got one although I bought my box in a store shortly after release) but not with later budged versions.

And I know their description is full of errors and inaccuracies :)

And about the censorship: the only 2 instances of censorship I know are green blood (worldwide?) and delphi with bra (at least US but not in europe), both of which can easily be undone by the way. I don't think the new box has anything to do with that.
Jimmi
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Jimmi »

Smartie Mini game rawcks. Could spend hours with doin it!