Giants: Citizen Kabuto 1.5 (no, really)

Posts relating to the currently in development and sure to be released 1.5 patch.

Moderator: Staff

Accusnoetn
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Accusnoetn »

• Probably too difficult to implement but still worth mentioning, an in-game server browser.
• Fix the bug that allows Reapers to cast (and throw mines) really fast when they jump. This will also fix numerous problems involving the Shrink spell.
• Fix the bug where Kabuto becomes tiny when shrinking/killing him at his smallest size.
• Fix the bug that causes new players to crash at snapshot which i think is caused by offsprings.
• Fix the bug where Meccs become invisible by using the health syringe when falling from a great height.
• Fix the bug where some sounds become stuck in an infinite loop.
• Fix the Shop Popup bug.
• Fix the bug that causes players to become stuck in "baseview".
• Fix the bug where Smarties stop working in Basebuild games.
• Allow offsprings to heal by eating stuff.
• Allow dedicated server windows to be minimized.
• Decrease effectiveness of the time spell.

Buffing the backpack items is obviously a good idea. However, none of them should be as powerful as the shield since it is obviously the most hardest to use.
I think the RPG bow shouldn't be enhanced too much. As it stands now, it can kill a mecc with just 3/4 shots, which is enough to kill it within a second.
LivingWater
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by LivingWater »

Keep up the good work guys :) Gems like Giants never rust !
As time passes by, and i get older, i start loving things i loved in the past even more, and with greater passion :)
Thanks for your email, i'll stick around :p
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Cream my fu**ing jeans.
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

Thanks for the email - this sounds like great news ;)

Is it going to be possible for Giants to import/export new objects either to replace or add to the existing models in the game ? I can now do 3d modeling in 3dsmax and Maya, so if I could add new textured models to the game it would be great.

Also, it would make it easier to create new levels, as they could be sculpted in 3ds Max or Maya, have the objects added, and then be exported directly into the correct format more easily.

I can design more sky boxes, of higher quality to add to the existing ones.

Can Giants games currently be joined via Steam ?

Is there a list of the game engines limitations somewhere ?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Hey Loop Goose, since your talking about modeling and such, do you know if there's any source code on Barddock's 3ds max plugin? I want to take a look at it.

The level designing is a good idea, but converting the maps has to do with giantsedit. So you might be stuck to just modeling and texturing.

You can't join giants games via steam, it just shows status as non-steam game.
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Hey Loop Goose, since your talking about modeling and such, do you know if there's any source code on Barddock's 3ds max plugin? I want to take a look at it.

The level designing is a good idea, but converting the maps has to do with giantsedit. So you might be stuck to just modeling and texturing.

You can't join giants games via steam, it just shows status as non-steam game.
I don't know about the source code, but you could try emailing him.. The plugin worked ok on 3ds max 6 ? or maybe it was 7, but it didn't work on 9, so it's unlikely to work on 2009 either. If he cant give you the details, he could probably point you in the right direction to get started.

- if Giants games could be listed from within Steam, it might bring more new players to the scene.
- did that bug where kabuto could jump into the sky across the map when zoomed onto the gyro ever get fixed ?
dinwitty
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by dinwitty »

pheakin!!!

is this patch community made or is the Planet Moon guys doing it?

Thx for the email, didnt expect it was sifting thru all my spam.

Replayed Giants 4-5 times already just superb game.

Haven't done online at all.

PM seems to be busy doing console stuff now, think they will get to a Giant's 2 at all?
Azeem
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Azeem »

oh damn. its been so long ive pretty much moved on with my life and now i hear about this!

i dont know my original username or anything but there are some famliar faces around here..my giants CDs are collecting dust along with all my other games somewhere in the loft..time to find it...giants multiplayer rocked so hard back in the day.
Carlern-tk
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Carlern-tk »

Is it possible to implement the stuff that didn't make it all the way to Giants? Didn't PM give the site a bunch of zip-files containing that?
King
Administrator

Post by King »

dinwitty wrote:pheakin!!!

is this patch community made or is the Planet Moon guys doing it?

Thx for the email, didnt expect it was sifting thru all my spam.

Replayed Giants 4-5 times already just superb game.

Haven't done online at all.

PM seems to be busy doing console stuff now, think they will get to a Giant's 2 at all?
This patch is unofficial. Sadly, there are no plans for a Giants 2 from PM, but we're trying to make this Giants as good as it can be.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Carlern-tk wrote:Is it possible to implement the stuff that didn't make it all the way to Giants? Didn't PM give the site a bunch of zip-files containing that?
If I recall, the zipped PM material is mostly screenshots of Giants during beta testing. Aside from a roof covering the Mecc base, what other improvements did beta include?
Carlern-tk
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Carlern-tk »

King wrote:
Carlern-tk wrote:Is it possible to implement the stuff that didn't make it all the way to Giants? Didn't PM give the site a bunch of zip-files containing that?
If I recall, the zipped PM material is mostly screenshots of Giants during beta testing. Aside from a roof covering the Mecc base, what other improvements did beta include?
I do not know...I guess I was reading too much between the lines, hoping there would be more out there.
Teshchamp
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Teshchamp »

I can't think of much more then the things other people already said, but maybe a multiplayer campaign could also be really cool :)
Carlern-tk
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Carlern-tk »

Teshchamp wrote:I can't think of much more then the things other people already said, but maybe a multiplayer campaign could also be really cool :)
I totally agree! :D I find it lonely sometimes (even though its' fun) to fight against reaper guards. Fortresses that keep spamming those guards would've been great!

Could also be like a 3D active tower defence with a "here comes the next wave!".
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

- Make an anihilation mode. Opposing team must destroy the other team's base completely (detailed option would be all PH items or not). Can definatly be used in Defend the Base and maybe for Base Build.

- Allow at least 1 more mecc team, or reaper team to be used, such as mvmvm (can use the 3-way mecc gmm maps)

- In Base Build, have a defeat or win option called conqurer. Basically, you win by building up your base (not including PH items), take over and build a second base (or third if it's more than 3 bases) completely to win.

- Increase the Mecc's sniper distance

- Make a type of night vision lense or a night vision spell so you can see in dark lighting areas. In the HAS GMM map Vietnam by Pinchy, hard to see the oponent when markers are off. Could be able to do a night-vision or x-ray vision of some sort, but can be balanced by you can't shoot while haveing it or it uses a weapon slot or backpack item.

- update the charactor models (loopgoose already said, but I'm just adding it anyway). Have a type of ''very High'' graphic option. More detailed and intregate mecc, reaper, kabuto, and smarties etc. Don't have to do buildings and trees, for this might be too much for some comps (such as mine).

- Different models or textures for the Proxy, Rocket, and Homing missle launcher. Just to be able to tell the difference when someone is holding it or when its on the ground.

- New weapon: Flamethrower. Shortrange, does same damage as reaper's firewall and fire circle.

- walk faster or be able to run while in bush.

- be able to carry dual pistols like in the SP Meccs (and both be shooting, not just one shooting really fast)

- Make Kabuto's roars or yells be able to do something other than make noise. For example, for the length of the animation, the adrenaline bar increases slightly faster (he will be vulnerable and can't get out of the animation though).

- Kabuto be able to spike more than 2 chactors at a time, and the person/player being spiked should bleed out or have time to get a few more shots in on kabuto instead of instantly dieing.

- Fix the bug when Kabuto falls in the water and can move/swim in one direction really fast (over time really fast). And make his health not drain as fast.

- Make the dome/world smaller so the reapers can't have a base way the fu** out at the edge of the map where only meccs in gyros or rocketing accross the sea can get to.

- More than 1 mecc should be able to control turrets/ph items. Either add a more pads or all stand at one.

- New backpack item or an option for the p-bomb. A Cluster Pop-up bomb or Cluster-up bomb (lol). Shoots something straight up into the air (bout kabuto's height or a little more) and explodes and many little bombs (or grenades) drop out of the explosion and liter the ground with little explosions.

- New weapon/grenade: sticky grenades or sticky bombs. Like C-4, place them where ever you want, and either remotly detonated or if someone (like kabuto or a gyro) goes by it, it explodes. Should have a decent range of a trigger/senser and an explosion like a mine or slightly more.

- New PH item: a type of scout camera thing that flys around (controlled by a player) to see where opponents are or to find the last smartie or missing gyro. Can't attack anything and should go a little slower the the reaperski.

- An option to change the smartie count easier than changing the number in ghook or having pre-set ones at easy-medium-hard.

- Mecc portal/teleport should be able to be placed anywhere like the reapers, or the reapers only able to place their portals in places like the meccs.

- Reaper towers should not make anything (including itself) invisable. That or make the mecc towers able to do the same thing or the mecc towers are able to be moved via controlled by a player.

- make the reaper's ph item the sea monster a spell or add something to the mecc's ph items that can balance the two out.

- Smarties should be able to fix/repair walls, shop, command center etc. even after the PH has ben built.

- New game type or mode called free-for-all capture the flag. Either 2 or more mecc, reaper, or intertwined teams (no kabuto allowed. makes it unbalanced) start at one end of the map and must reach the other end before the other team(s). They must get the flag or their team's flag and bring it back to the capture point before the other team. This map should have AI running around shooting, along with Kabuto team(can be more than 1 kabuto) stoping them. The flag runners get a shop with weapon s and can shoot and kill the other teams. Implemation of a new map is required of course

- Be compatible with Windows XP 64-bit and Vista 32/64-bit. Or have an installation option.

- Add an option (maybe in the Esc menu in-game) to report a bug. Chances are, there WILL be a bug somewhere and some people may not be able to contact via GWD forums or someone in the GSA lobby fast enough before their memory forgets exactly what bug accured. Or it makes it easier for you guys to have one spot to look in when a bug is found.

- Be able to use a microphone in-game with others. Instead of useing AIM, or Steam and setting up a voice chat with one of your buddies.

Thats about it for now.