Help! Textures not showing.

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

dragon875
Kabuto's Playtoy

Help! Textures not showing.

Post by dragon875 »

Hey I am new here and I just installed Giants. However, when I run this game on my new computer the ground (landscape) textures do not show up. Everything else is there (objects and such) just not the ground textures. I have tried to use the gf3 patch but that does not work. Any way to fix this? Thanks!

RAM: 2 Gig DDR2
Video: BFG Geforce 7950 gx2 (Forceware drivers: 97.46)
Sound: Creative X-fi sound card
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Weird. Giants should run perfectly on a system like that. The only thing I could possibly think of as being the cause of a problem like that would be Vista -- I haven't had a chance to try Giants out on it yet, and I'm not sure if there are any compatability issues. Are you dual booting XP as well? You may want to try that if you are.

Failing that, Giants is fine for me with a 7800 GTX on ForceWare 93.71 and 93.81, you could try those if switching to XP doesn't fix it. You could also try enabling and disabling landscape bumpmaps if you haven't already, maybe it's a problem with that.
dragon875
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by dragon875 »

I am not dual booting windows XP so I cant try it there. I have tried to disable the landscape bumpmaps but to no success. It seems there is a thin ring around my character that shows the ground textures and other than that there is nothing to be seen.

EDIT: After re-installing the game and applying the 1.4 patch and the gf3.zip patch everything worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

No problem. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. Glad to hear it works on Vista, though.