Please Take care of Cheaters

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

p.s. FIND A NEW GAME.
I cant believe you said that man! dude! Let us engage in a vicious flame war!

We all know there are other games to play out there, we're not living in a cave you know...
Personally, Im here because im a... fan-boy... allways have been since the day I got this game, I still am and will continue to be.
And also, I think every one here is playing something else as well, hey I got a PS2, tons of games for it and Im gonna buy the PS3 when it comes out in Europe, those video game plataforms have great graphs and all... but graphics arent everything, I prefer GCK then most of my ps2 games, it's in my top favorite games.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Ya, even though we still play Giants, it doesn't mean we don't play anything else. Giants is one of those games where if you play it now, then stop for a long time and play other games, you'd realize how good Giants is and come back to it. This has been going on ever since its been released too. And by the way, cheaters are in every game known to the human race.....of video gamers.....and that will never change. Ya, sure, we can catch them a hell of a lot easier than before, and we can also stop them from joining our games again, but we can't stop them from spawning in other places. And in these other games, its the same dam events happening: Cheaters reported, new ban code/ruleings, no-mercy warnings. Its all the same. So what if people still play Giants? Does it really matter to you? No, of course it doesn't because you can just go and play OTHER GAMES. The majority of the Giants players now are players who have played the game before or are trying to get better at it. So don't bring up this ''cheating in Giants'' crap again, because its just gonna be the same old story, and will be the same old story to every game out there. And you know what? People still play the game and charish its timeless moments untill something goes wrong with their own personal life, not cheaters.

I believe my point has been stated.
UnknownGuru
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by UnknownGuru »

I guess I should've been a little clearer in my point.

What I was trying to say is why bother complaining? It's been going on here in Giants forever. It's never been stopped and obviously never will be stopped.

And to say it doesnt matter to me? You're wrong. I loved this game. I still do and I fought hard against the cheaters of my time. All to no avail. In fact I got blasted by most of the community because I was so opposed to cheaters. Hell, if cheating was no more in Giants, I'd probably still be playing it.

Cheaters are in every game eh? Do you see cheaters running rampant in games using Punkbuster? No you don't. In fact there is really no-one cheating at all in official punkbuster servers. :wink:

In closing, I didn't bring this "cheating in giants" up. I merely said my piece in an existing thread created by someone else who'd brought it up.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Ya, you weren't that clear before, sorry for any misunderstandings then. But yes, there are cheaters in other games, and I never heard of this ''punkbuster'' server(s) or what-not. But I know in many Xbox 360 games people cheat(infinit health, unlimited ammo, just the basics)
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Some guy asked me for the trainer coz I told him I had it. But I didn't give him it....obviously.

Oh yea, he was a friend as well...I knew the guy.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Reeason for stateting this?
Shardz
Yan the Pimp

Post by Shardz »

Well, most people would give their friends the trainer you know.... like ok man but dont pass it around bla bla. WTF is the point man... what im saying is... I don't pass the trainer around, no matter what.

And... because of the people whining, isn't there a small patch someone can create to make all the trainer options have no effect... coz then you could patch all the servers up like gwddedicated and nobody could cheat.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

I'll tell you one thing, its not something you can ''patch up'', its a little more complicated than that
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Shardz wrote:and... because of the people whining, isn't there a small patch someone can create to make all the trainer options have no effect... coz then you could patch all the servers up like gwddedicated and nobody could cheat.
I appoint you official 'small patch created to make all the trainer options have no effect..." developer. Get to it!
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Shardz wrote: And... because of the people whining, isn't there a small patch someone can create to make all the trainer options have no effect... coz then you could patch all the servers up like gwddedicated and nobody could cheat.
Damn! Why didn't we think of that?
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Trainer effects are "client side", not "server side". I beleive the only way you can avoid cheaters is by kicking them when an illegal memory modification is detected...