Giants cd is broken

Ask questions that relate to hardware / software issues.

Moderator: Staff

Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

or
http://dmc-clan.co.uk/Xtreme/downloads. ... load_id=26

btw my site is updated

can i add videos of giants into my media centre?

if yes: can i get the links?

if no: then its too bad :D
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

uhu exploderman gigasize has an expire date so the file will dissapaer soon.
and im not able to upload myself
so what shut we do?
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

We should wait till there is only like 2-3 days left then re-upload it, or Pheonix, you can download the whole thing and have it on your site for ever and ever, or, King allows this big file to be on GiantsWD.org(very high chance of ''not happening''). Either way, people will be happy if one of those options come to be =)
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Hay I just found out that if at least one person downloads the file, it resets the expiration date 8)

Which means it will be up alot longer than originally expected 8)
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

We're not going to host warez on GWD.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

We're not going to host warez on GWD.
What is the point doing that when you can buy the game so cheap?

If it was hard to come by, that is another matter.. in small countries like mine or with a small city like mine it is a whole other deal.

I made copies of my orginial cds before they stopped working so im fine.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

RichardMH wrote: What is the point doing that when you can buy the game so cheap?
Because it's illegal, and it's a rather tacky thing to do under most circumstances. We're already bending the rules a bit by allowing you to post links on the forum. I suspect that Planet Moon is no longer making money off the game though, which is the only reason why your links haven't been removed.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

its not MY links :p

mostly I buy copies of the games I wanna play, even those that I dont know if they are any good.. however that isnt the case with DVD movies any longer and I wont buy a dvd movie unless Ive seen it first.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Well, the fact that not alot of people knoq about giants and no one will buy it so cheap(don't know how many are left), then there is reason to do this. Besides that, like Tas said, Planet moon is not gonna make much, if not, any money off of giants(unless they somehow ''magically'' make Giants 2, which is never gonna happen). But if people start downloading the game instead of buying it, people on e-bay(customers/buyers) will not be making their $5 per copy of Giants(not that they care much anyway).

And, I would like to say thanks to King and the rest of the GiantsWD.org staff for not blocking or deleteing the link to the download =)
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

RichardMH wrote:What is the point doing that when you can buy the game so cheap?
On top of what Tasiin said, the shipping charge costs more then the game on e-bay, which I don't want to pay.
RichardMH wrote:If it was hard to come by, that is another matter.. in small countries like mine or with a small city like mine it is a whole other deal.
Case and point.
Tasiin wrote:I suspect that Planet Moon is no longer making money off the game though, which is the only reason why your links haven't been removed.
Can we post the name of the site without a link?