Giants in school 8)

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Giants in school 8)

Post by Exploderman »

Ya, I have opened access to all the websites that I know, and this is one of them. But! I can only open 2 websites because the admin doesn't like it, and changeing the website to a different one calls for a password that you have to get from the teacher, who changes it almost everyday.

Well, I can download files onto the computers and when I do, it goes throughout the entire school, which means more people will play giants! I would like to install giants, but I forgot my discs 8(

So! If anyone can post a direct link to a giants demo(full) or the entire game, that would greatly help the Giants: Citizen Kabuto community by just about 2,500 more possible players. And! people will be able to get it on their flash drives or discs they are allowed to bring.

I think this is an excellant idea for Giants to be spread to all knowledgable students in my school who would be interested in playing this game.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

So what you're trying to do is get Gs demo in every PC in your school? That's some crazy sh**!
If you can do it, then do it..
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

I think its a great idea.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

I have uploaded a small version of giants to my ftp here.
It only has MP and ... it's the french version, but it works !
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Ya, mp is what I want it to be, but can you get it in english? people gotta know what the hell the weapons and kills are saying.

And yes, every computer is hooked up to the master server of the entire school, which means if I download and install ANYTHING, it gets saved into the master server's computer (through the internet) once the computer I installed or saved stuff on shuts down. I recently (today and right this very moment) installed GameSpy Arcade and works, but since the school has blocked game programs such as that, I can't log into giantslobby properly (says theres a proxy detected thats blocking specifically GameSpy Arcade). But one of my frineds installed giants demo version of meccs, played it, and everyone in the room was watching on the overhead projector (substitute teachers rule!) and absolutly EVERYONE liked it! But! since this was the teachers computer, its not hooked up to the master server to be spread all around the school. But I got the sneaky ways of getting it onto one of the computers so it CAN go throughout the school (in ways you can't delete it!) which will open the door for new players and make the giants community bigger.

Yeah, indeed this is crazy, but I am gonna give it a shot and do it the best I can (without getting caught of course ^^) and as fast as I can. You might see some new faces inside the giants comminuty people.

But in order for this plan to work I need either the full game or just the Multy Player so kids could play. By the way, the schools internet is 15.6MB download, 900 somethin KB upload (I checked it myself ^^)

Two questions I have remain: If this works, should I spread the word about this website on giants? And what will happen if this thing ''back-fires'' and turns to the worst?

Suggestions will be taken.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Sounds nice, I can do some of the downloading and maybe access some of the ones I use, but if we get caught... :shock:, I fear it would just be another advertisement for the game, helpful none the less, not to mention the consequencezz. :!:
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

you'll find more info there http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/forum/vi ... highlight=

I could modidy the language, but i'm lazy and anyway I don't have time enough to do it.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Ya..........1.46GB is a bit much..............but the schools internet should do it, but the class would most liekly end b4 its done(2 hours).

But that big freakin download would be like a last resort to getting it in the master server. And if it is, then I hope I get a nice substitute that doesn't care much about what you do on the comp (for he is an idiot...................really)
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Ok, I am posting all the sites I know, for now at least so I can download them all when I get the chance at school.

Full Version: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/hashto ... PB.torrent

Multiplayer Version(French!): http://gluden.free.fr/Giants/Jiuntz.rar

English Text: http://dmc-clan.co.uk/Xtreme/download.php?id=6

Now I just need the single player version and I'm all set. No, not the Single and Multi, just the Single cause it would be a faster download and would give me more of a chance to not-get-caught.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

uhh, Glude, I downloaded the jiuntz french version from your site, but how does it install onto my comp cause I am testing it to see if it works and when I click the giants.exe nothing happens. I know for a fact that I am doing something wrong, so please tell me what I have to do! thank you.
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

In the Rar file theres a REG1.reg or something Double-Click and run it
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Phoenix is right. And if you get an error message when you launch the exe, just click many times on continue.

A single player version will be as big as the full version.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Is anyone able to look into the data.cab files? There is 3 or 4 of them and I know they have all the bins, sounds, and misc. titles.

But I keep getting an invalid DOS MS function or tells me it's "damaged". If someone can give me a list of what's in it, that would help me to fit files into one cd, so I can upload.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

l could give you a list but I don't understand what you intend to do with it...
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Ok, we are trying to get Giants into one disc, but first we have to extract everything from the discs, which we did. Disc one extracted fine with no problems, but disc two, however, did not fully extract to the desktop completely. An invalid MS DOS operation or error occured, so we can't get the files onto my desktop.

For those of whom are still confused: We put the Disc Two into the C: drive, went to start-->My Computer--> Right clicked on the ''Giants2'' Disc and clicked open, Dragged the ''data3.cab'' and ''Giantscd.2'' and put it in a .zip folder. It got to about 17,500 KBs into the copying files stage, then that error happened. We tried this many times with just copying and putting the ''data3.cab'' file onto the desktop, into a blank folder, and finally copying the whole cd.

One of the times/operations we did ''seemed'' to work, but when we tested it(installed giants with just the ''AUTORUN'' stuff from the cd thats on my computer) the first half of the installation worked. But when it asked for the disc two part, or data3.cab, it was saying ''file not found, please put in disc 0 with the files data4.cab''. I tried doing just the disc one files on my computer to start the installation, then when it asked for the disc two, I put it into my C: drive and it worked like normal.

So, in conclusion, its either that the file is ''damaged'' or we need a special program to extract it from the cd properly. Hope this is enough information on what we did/did not do.