Help

Ask questions that relate to playing the game. Hardware / software issues do not belong here.

Moderator: Staff

Rocket
Kabuto's Playtoy

Help

Post by Rocket »

Hello,

i need some help about gamespy:
sometimes when i try to join a game, i get a message saying i should reinstall the game, i have tried that and it did not work.
What should i do?

pd: i´m from Portugal, and i can´t write english very well, so there might be some mistakes in the text :P
CellularAscension
Sappho's Henchman

Post by CellularAscension »

Firstly, your english is refreshingly adequate (if you dont understand that it means, i means: ''you're good :wink: '' if you did understand that, you have NOTHING to worry about)
Secondly, to you're question...
I never got that error before, is it a giant's error that you think is caused by Gamespy Arcade, or are you sure it's a Gamespy error?
If it's a GSA error, then maybe you need to make Gamespy search your hard drive for the game.. Here's how:

Click the 'GameSpy' drop down menu,
Then click 'Scan For Games' ...

When you do this, select the hard drive that Giants: Citizen Kabuto is installed into, if you select the right one and Giants is properly installed then you should be going fine.. If it still isnt working it might be a problem with your regestry.
Rocket
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rocket »

thanks for the tip. I dont know what the problem was, but i did what you told me to do and i didint get that message again!!