Art of Shielding(Continued)

Post your tips and strategies for other Giants users, whether it's for making maps, creating skins, or just for general gameplay.

Moderator: Staff

SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Art of Shielding(Continued)

Post by SPrinkZ »

I decided that I left quite a few things out, after I had a duel with Vincent, I noticed that he lacked a few key elements in his game that could have won him the duel. But it didn't 12-20 pwnt.

Now, onto the continuation of this guide:

Mind Games:

Mind games are an important part of shielding that I might have just grazed over, I'm not really sure.

During one of the duels I was playing in, I am too rusty to actually be any good at playing head to head yet, once that day comes it's going to be very difficult to take me down. :P

But onto the lesson:

One of my favorite tricks/mind games is sort of like the hide and seek strategy.

One of my motto's is "You shoot first, you come in first."

Make sure to always shoot first, if you're a shielder verses a shielder, you need that crucial energy to duel, so set a homing lock on the guy and jump behind a cliff or something. Then once it's recharged, jump over and fire IMMEDIATELY. It gives you the upper hand, and he might have to run back. Since almost no shielders do this strategy, I don't really have to worry about it.

Also, try to make your opponent think you're either stupid, or just clumsy, sometimes that works. Run behind the side cliffs on MvM 1 and just slowly move around behind it, perhaps to the other side of the island. In mind games, patience is a virtue. So be as patient as possible and walk around slowly.

He/She will never expect it, and will end up getting their carcass destroyed when they leap over and don't see you, but lo and behold you're behind them feeding them grenade and rocket sandwiches.

Another advantage in dueling is always being the first one outside, if you can catch them on their descent, that means they have to hit the ground, and lose some energy plus any of your shots that you might have tossed their way. If you're close enough, and lay on a combo on their descent, perhaps even a rocket at their feet. You'll notice how frantic they might get, that's the time to go in for the kill, it's hammer time.

That's about all I can think of right now, any strategies I have already went over, I just wanted to state a few things about mind games to help other shielders.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Yes, your mind games were a bitch :P

I am more used to head to head in any case 8)
not to mention I like it more.
Dex1000
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Dex1000 »

I'm not paitient
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

That's why you'll always lose.
Dex1000
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Dex1000 »

correction mostly
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Dex1000 wrote:correction mostly
No, always.

BTW, SprinkZ, we gotta train again so we CAN become that good again. =p

I always thought these things were a given actually, but I guess not. I'll disagree with some of your things, but that just is because of my technique.
Boom
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Boom »

Mind games, they rock. And their are often hilarious once u notice them.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

I have the patience for them, but that doesn't mean I like em.. I find them quite boring actually. A reason why I will never use em.
Micky
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Micky »

I rekcon some one should compile a hint and strategy book and post it on the web. especaly if every one could add ideas. you'd end up with a huge list of diffarent tips and strategies.

:shock: :P
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

No you wouldn't, I know all of them. :P

I'd be the one to make it. No one has any different strategies than I don't know about.
Dex1000
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Dex1000 »

There already are guides to sheilding.
Micky
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Micky »

calm down your like this guy i used to .. i think he moved school's ... or was he the guy who went crazy.
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

You sir suck.
Hoover Duece
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Hoover Duece »

Micky wrote:calm down your like this guy i used to .. i think he moved school's ... or was he the guy who went crazy.
Once again Micky shows us the super job that Britain's public school system is doing.

Does this clown have a single post that is useful or coherent?

*edit*
I went through his posts and I think I know the answer to my own question.

His Interests under his Profile are a real peach too. I guess that private university full scholarship really paid off.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

SPrinkZ wrote:I'd be the one to make it. No one has any different strategies than I don't know about.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now =p