Server IPs?

Post questions and comments related to hosting regular servers or dedicated servers.

Moderator: Staff

WeedWhacker
Kabuto's Playtoy

Server IPs?

Post by WeedWhacker »

I just discovered this great game... a year or so too late, it seems. I've got an itch to try to play against some humans, but I can't find any websites that list server IPs, and since the (free trial! Wheeeee!) ASE doesn't show any servers, I wonder if I'm just SOL?

:(
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Get gamespy arcade at www.gamespyarcade.com.
Easy access to games, and a chat lobby.
WeedWhacker
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by WeedWhacker »

That isn't what I asked for. AFAIK, you *cannot* see server IPs from gamespy, and I do not need a piece of junkware that tries to trick me into installing "drive-by downloads" because it basically uses IE.

If there are any decent 24/7 servers, or even ones that are just fairly regular, I'd like to know the IP addresses for those. That's all.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

....gamespy ain't THAT bad, and I never caught it installing spyware on me ol' comp.

and nope, there are no 24/7 dedicated servers around, just some servers that are online regulary.
---EEEEDIT-- oops, well yeah, didn't read ur post uite well.. you'll have to ask som1 else for those adresses ;)
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Tam's Server IP:

if he hasnt changed his IP
this should work
cant test it since the game isnt installed
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Dont install the latest patch for Gamespy
1.4F I believe
it has GAIN inside it
it will also ask if you wanna install Yahoo toolbar.
the GAIN file can be found in the TEMP folder
Trinkle something.exe
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Tam's server is never, if not, rarely seen. So if you want to play any Giants game online, you'll have to get gamespy arcade. There are currently no 24/7 dedicated servers running, which means you would have to plan ahead with a host of a normal game to give you their IP and the time of which they will start running the game. On gsa there are atleast 8 games of easy access, so end your paranoia and join in.
WeedWhacker
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by WeedWhacker »

Thanks for that address! I'll write it down and try it out a few times before trying to make the GSA decision. :)
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Have you tried RealOne Arcade? It lists all the servers that GSA lists without the bloatware.

http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/?file=13