Since GiantsWD has gotten a face-life (a very nice one at that) the forms are starting fresh, so I figured I would also start fresh and make a posting of some general information about VimpMeat!, the official Giants World Domination dedicated server. I wasn't sure how to organize this so I just made a list. Also, be sure to read the rules!
- One of VimpMeat's goals is to appeal to as many types of players as possible, so there is a variety of maps and game-types that rotate automatically. We are always open to suggestions for new maps and game-types.
- For those of you unfamiliar with the term 'dedicated server' this means that the computer running the server is dedicated to running the server and nothing else. It also means that there is usually not an admin present in the game (although admins can see what's going on in the server without being logged in, so you never know when we might be watching!). VimpMeat! has two admins - myself (Keph) and King.
- If you have fun on VimpMeat or playing Giants in general, please tell a friend! Giants is seriously lacking in players so new faces are always welcome!
- If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please email email@example.com or just post them here in the forum. Also, feel free to suggest anything else that could be added to this post, so that people can have a simgle place to come for information about the server.
The server doesn't have many rules, but the ones in place are important.
- Don't Cheat: Cheating will get you banned. Cheating includes using a trainer and purposefully abusing bugs.
- If it's available, you can use it: If a weapon or structure is available on the server, you are allowed to use it! This means if one person decides gyros are bad, they are not allowed to force everyone else to stop using them (unless they all agree of course). Please note that even if you are 'allowed' to use something (i.e. a powerfull spell) that doesn't mean you can abuse it. Please try to play as fair as Giants' team balance allows. The most powerful spells have already been disabled, and it would be a shame to have to disable even more.
- Don't destroy your own base: Destroying your own base is called 'basekilling'. This goes along with the previous rule. Do not destroy structures unless they are placed improperly.
- Respect: This one is kind of hard to judge, but please try to treat people with respect (i.e. treat them as you yourself would like to be treated.)
VimpMeat is currently down now, and has no plans of coming back up. The rules and info have been kept untouched so that future dedicated server hosts may see the rules that made VimpMeat a success, and therefore enforce those rules into their own server.