Problem with running Dedicated.exe with the newest patch

Post questions and comments related to hosting regular servers or dedicated servers.

Moderator: Staff

PowerSwordist
Kabuto's Playtoy

Problem with running Dedicated.exe with the newest patch

Post by PowerSwordist »

Hi! I was wondering if someone can help me solve this problem. I'm trying to run a Dedicated server for fun. Anyway I patched it up already with the newest patch 1.497, ran Dedicated.exe, and set up my game types for the round. The problem starts when I click on the "Launch" button assuming it to work the same as in patch 1.4 which launches it into the "window" server screen but it doesn't. It just launches Giants to the normal hosting menu. Anybody have a clue what went wrong? Thanks in advance.
Pithikos
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Pithikos »

Same problem here! (Rek here Swordfish ;D)

I was thinking to setup an old Celeron400 as dedicated but I have the same issues with PowerSwordfish. It just launches giants like normal :?
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

the ded server

Post by HellSnake »

hmm i don't host dedicated servers...
but i heard of your blokes problem so i tried run a server...
i typed " -window " in the addictional command line parameters to try to run server in window, but everytime i click launch, giants launches, in windowed mode, but giants.exe crashes shortly after that...
and when i just run the dedicated server without parameters and as simple as possible, i also get window mode and giants crashes...

so i dunno the answer.

tassin, enlighten us?
Pithikos
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Pithikos »

Well I was thinking to have that Celeron open 24/day because electricity in my house is not an issue. I pay the same bill regardless of consumption :lol:
And anyway I am kind of bored playing the same maps all the times so I was thinking to put a Dedicated in the list which will contain all maps that exist so you can see some new map in every rotation 8)

Also sucky that there aren't any RvR rotations..
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Make sure that the game has been installed correctly (i.e the registry entries in HKCU\Software\Planet Moon\Giants are pointing to the correct location). Also, you need to save the dedicated .gdf file to the \bin folder in the Giants directory before clicking launch or it will not work.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Tasiin wrote:Make sure that the game has been installed correctly (i.e the registry entries in HKCU\Software\Planet Moon\Giants are pointing to the correct location). Also, you need to save the dedicated .gdf file to the \bin folder in the Giants directory before clicking launch or it will not work.
lol dumb of me XD in register wrong dedicated server and i didn't clicked "Add top"

got the server running :p
(are those 'add' things levels urr server runs everytime time's up?)