Dedicated.exe and mstsc

Post questions and comments related to hosting regular servers or dedicated servers.

Moderator: Staff

Dr.korig
Kabuto's Playtoy

Dedicated.exe and mstsc

Post by Dr.korig »

Hello,

I have my own dedicated server (WinXP) and I can get acces to it with the application "mstsc". I'm trying to host a Giants dedicated server, but I can't run the game, it says "Giants Error - Too many try in textures reduction code"

Is there a way to launch the Giants server in a console mode ?

Thanks for your help !
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Dedicated.exe and mstsc

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Dr.korig wrote:Hello,

I have my own dedicated server (WinXP) and I can get acces to it with the application "mstsc". I'm trying to host a Giants dedicated server, but I can't run the game, it says "Giants Error - Too many try in textures reduction code"

Is there a way to launch the Giants server in a console mode ?

Thanks for your help !
I had the same error as you after formating my computer. You need to download the drivers of your graphic card at www.nvidia.com and problem solved :wink: .
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Re: Dedicated.exe and mstsc

Post by HellSnake »

Giants_Gamer32 wrote:
I had the same error as you after formating my computer. You need to download the drivers of your graphic card at www.nvidia.com and problem solved :wink: .
well he could have an ATI card, then he DOESN't have to download drivers from NVIDIA i gues then probely something like atari.com but i dun really know becouze i have a NVIDIA GeForce 9300GE XD

so i could be wrong but i think u not need NVIDIA drivers for an ATARI card 8)
Dr.korig
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Dr.korig »

Thanks for replys.

If there is no way to launch the dedicated server without launching the 3D engine, so this is my solution : I will never be able to launch a Giants dedicated server on my dedicated server machine :P

It's not a "real" graphic card it's a VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP ... I'm running CSS, DODS or TF2 server on this computer but it's working in console mode, there's no need of a graphic card.
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

say dr. korig....

are u dutch? your name sounds dutch XD

becouze im dutch XD

lkkr koeie melke jung :p
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Not ATARI lol ! ATARI is a video game company.
it's ATI.

Anyway, at which moment are you getting this error "Giants Error - Too many try in textures reduction code" ?
HellSnake
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by HellSnake »

Glude wrote:Not ATARI lol ! ATARI is a video game company.
it's ATI.
whaha lol sorry mixed up :wink:
Dr.korig
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Dr.korig »

@HellSnake : No, I'm French :P

@Glude : This error occurs when I launch the game, I can configure the server with the dedicated.exe, and when I click on Launch the game start and before seeing any logos the error message appears.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Do you have graphics hardware acceleration enabled on the server? Some server OSes (such as Windows 2003) have that disabled by default and that will cause that error message.
Giants_Gamer32
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Giants_Gamer32 »

Dr.korig wrote:@HellSnake : No, I'm French :P

@Glude : This error occurs when I launch the game, I can configure the server with the dedicated.exe, and when I click on Launch the game start and before seeing any logos the error message appears.
Trust me, download the drivers of your graphic card. I had that problem before and this was the reason.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

Try and get a Graphics card first. Then download any updated drivers etc. Most likely fix your problem.
Dr.korig
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Dr.korig »

I've updated my drivers but I still have the same issue.