Voting system

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Voting system

Post by Tasiin »

A voting system has been implemented on GWD. Players can currently vote to end the current map, add time to the current map (up to a maximum of two hours), or vote to end the current map and start the next one as a base build game.

At least 75% of the players must vote in favor of any of these options for the vote to pass. Additionally, base build votes require that there are at least six players in the game at the time that the vote is started. Typing ".help" in game will show a list of available commands.
Malix
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Malix »

How do u add a certain amount of time? I know if u type .vote addtime, and the vote passes it will add like 20 minutes or so. How do u add two hours?
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Try reading his post, dipshit. Type .help and it will most likely 'help' you locate the command line neccessary to elongate an already vacous waste of a game.

Because, I am the best after all :D!
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

Malix wrote:How do u add a certain amount of time? I know if u type .vote addtime, and the vote passes it will add like 20 minutes or so. How do u add two hours?

just type .vote addtime again and again and let it pass until it reaches 2 hours

and also, is the kick a player vote going to be added? because theres the problem that some people will kick innocent players for no reason other than to be jackasses and ruin the game for everyone else
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

I doubt very much that I will give players the ability to vote to kick or ban other players. Too much room for abuse.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

kick players has good things and bad things about it.

ban players should 100% not be allowed by players other than the server/host/tasiin/other NEOs

In my opinion, if someone is being ''noobish'' , doesn't know how to speak english, or doesn't know how to talk/type (sucks for them), then you should just either deal with it or leave the game. And if tas or other ''higher managment'' is in the game at the time, then ask them(obviously) to kick ''so-and-so'' player and state a reason for it.
Malix
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Malix »

If im just going to be called a dipshit by some cheater i won't post anything here anymore.
[NEO]Mad_Dog
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by [NEO]Mad_Dog »

Malix wrote:If im just going to be called a dipshit by some cheater i won't post anything here anymore.
Yay!
Malix
Sappho's Henchman

Post by Malix »

Fine then I won't post anymore.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Malix wrote:Fine then I won't post anymore.
:'-(
SPrinkZ
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SPrinkZ »

Malix wrote:If im just going to be called a dipshit by some cheater i won't post anything here anymore.
Me, a cheater? Hahahahahahaha. I have ghook, so how can I cheat?
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

GibLit wrote:
Malix wrote:Fine then I won't post anymore.
:'-(
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Malix, dont listen to sprinkz man.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Re: Voting system

Post by Salazar »

Tasiin wrote:A voting system has been implemented on GWD. Players can currently vote to end the current map, add time to the current map (up to a maximum of two hours), or vote to end the current map and start the next one as a base build game.

At least 75% of the players must vote in favor of any of these options for the vote to pass. Additionally, base build votes require that there are at least six players in the game at the time that the vote is started. Typing ".help" in game will show a list of available commands.

For defend base and capture flag, could you put up a detente (sp?) vote?

like a .vote detente then if everyone votes yes, a 5 minute detente will show up
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Hmm, good idea. I'll look into it.