Hello everyone. Any oldschool players play anymore?

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

[NEO]Perfection
Kabuto's Playtoy

Hello everyone. Any oldschool players play anymore?

Post by [NEO]Perfection »

I was just wondering if any oldschool players played this game. I mean OLD SCHOOL back when giants first came out and was played. :D
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

I don't think so, Tasiin and Z0PharX are old shcool players (as to me), but they don't play very much.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

What about Ravingmadman? He old school too ya know =)
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Tas and Zop are the only "oldschool" players I know who still play the game from time to time. Other than that, you'll see an oldie (such as yourself) appear once every blue moon to see if any other oldies play the game. :P
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Old and smelly those two are.
EMB_Agent
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by EMB_Agent »

Yo Yo Perf, whats up buddy? Thinking of playing again?
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

What are you defining as old school anyway, 2000? Rav was around when it first came out and is still active.

Along with Tas and Vort, they're the only ones who have been here that long that I can recall.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

DarkFalcoZ wrote:Along with Tas and Vort, they're the only ones who have been here that long that I can recall.
I think you're confusing Vort with myself. Vort has only played Giants for a couple years.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

I started really playing in october 2004 or so, I had played the game back in like 2003 for a week but I didn't like it for some reason. Giblit, Ravingmadman, Accusnoetn, Darkruler-Dragon, Unknown/Riku, Emma, Glude, Semore, Salazar/Timmy and some others I don't quite remember at the moment were playing/posting on the forums before I showed up in 2004, but I don't know for how long. Tasiin and Zop are the only ones who've had the game from day one who still play I think... Vertigo has been playing again recently, I don't know how long he's been playing but I do know he was around when I was playing in 2003 because I talked to him and played some games with him.

Does it really matter who plays? It's annoying seeing threads and people coming in GSA asking if any really old players are still around, if you want to play just play... you don't know the new people but probably didn't know the 'old' people back when you started playing.
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Been here from the start, with a few long breaks and dozens of name changes...

Does that count?
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

What I miss are the tournaments

Does anyone remember the first person they ever played?

I do. . .he was using a trainer. . :?
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

I remember the first person (online) that I've played, and it was [Bleeding]Jefferz......The second person I remember playing against was deathbypotatoe........The third person I remember......*wonders into memory bank for any lost data*....
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

The first I ever played online was [DS]ReDragon or something...
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

I played it from the start, but it took me more than a year to find this website strangely..

I play it from time to time, and test the odd new sky I'm working on as well, but I live in the "wrong" hemisphere, so when I want to play, you guys are generally all asleep! (and vice versa - usually) If I am still awake at 2 or 3am, then you might see me online. :D

Oh and more skies and possibly models are coming. I just need to get a hold of a 3ds max importer/exporter for version 9. Coz the original is incompatible...
Riku
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Riku »

lol <<Deathbypotato