Giantswd.org Dedicated

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Giantswd.org Dedicated

Post by dietofeelalive »

I am trying to join the server through dedicated.no-ip.org. Everything works fine, game shows up and then i cant click on the game to join. I have no idea what is going on. Also I downloaded the all seeing eye, and i cannot pick up the server. I dont know what to do.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

do you have 1.4? :P
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Yes i do.... thats not it, i beleive its norton firewall. I dont know how but its still running in the back ground somewhere. i remember Uninstalling Norton, but it seems to have left some of its files behind. I use kasperspy now, so that might be a problem as well
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Can't imagine what it could be then besides an overly restrictive firewall. You'll probably need to disable that before you can play.
steveo8787
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by steveo8787 »

hey dude i had a similar problem with some software just goto run in xp and then type regedit and from there you can delete the remaining norton files and no firewall will be running in the background, that should fix it because obviously you can still get into your browser
Casqad
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Casqad »

Deleting/editing files isn't smart, just shut down the firewall or "allow" acces from the IP, program or whatever it blocks..
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

You can try to join the server through gsa. Maybe the server's setting was set for no one to join at the time.

I agree, it is not recommended that you start deleting stuff. If you said you uninstalled Norton the proper way, then Norton is not effecting giants, Kaspersky is.

Put some exceptions for ports and ip's in the firewall to start with, then turn it off if that doesn't work. If it is still causing an issue, uninstall your program and try connecting again.

Not too much else it could be unless you have some sUpr tearibal connection.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

You can try to join the server through gsa. Maybe the server's setting was set for no one to join at the time.
No.
Not too much else it could be unless you have some sUpr tearibal connection.
No. That's not possible.
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Deleting/editing files isn't smart, just shut down the firewall or "allow" acces from the IP, program or whatever it blocks..
See the thing is, there is no option for me to take down the firewall. Norton has left some of its firewall behind w/out leaving a uninstaller or any type of control setting for the firewall. Hey can you tell me where excatly norton is located in regedit. Online sources also recommend this method to get rid of Norton files.
Thanks
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Uh, that's not really possible either. If Norton is doing anything, then it's either running a process or service on your system that you can most assuredly disable. Have you checked both msconfig and services.msc to make sure there are no Norton processes being run?