Please Take care of Cheaters

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Please Take care of Cheaters

Post by dietofeelalive »

It seems like there is a new wave of cheaters who use trainer in dedicated. I even put some videos on youtube. Yet they are still able to play. I am wondering about NEO's Resolve to keep Dedicated server Cheater free. I am following the proper procedure to report cheaters but nothing seems to be getting done.

Maybe Tas is busy or hes moved onto newer things, but there are still alot of people who play dedicated server. Its not fair to them.

Anyway i am not forgetting about tas putting up dedicated, and i really appreciate that I think everyone does. But now it seems like people are taking advantage of NEO's not being around too much.

so please think about it .. And thanks for taking time out to read this .
Also that high ping kicker wouldn't be such a bad idea.

ThANKS
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Sorry, but I've been a bit busy lately. I've been meaning to talk with you about several of the players you've reported, but you've either not been here when I look at GSA or you haven't responded to me. I'll look for you tomorrow and we can chat about them if you're here.

Keep in mind that it is rather difficult for us to take care of cheaters without being particularly active in the game itself anymore. Videos or any other sort of irrefutable proof help a lot, and I do watch them.

Also, I apologize for the server being up off and on over the last week or so. My main computer had been dead, and I was forced to use the Giants server from time to time to do certain things. I had been meaning to post something here about it, but I wasn't at all sure how long it would be out of commission or even what the problem was at first. It seems to be mostly fixed now though, and the server should be up 24/7 again barring any future problems.
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Tas did you get the video i uploaded it was about 38,313 KB. Check your Upload Folder. Its named Compressed Cheat 2, Tis was abt Ultima Cheating on GWD.

Someone Is spreading trainers out there now. Too many ppl cheating, i dont think its a coincidence anymore.

Tas i have replied to every one of you Messages. I dont think i've even missed 1. But i have sent you numerous Messages and i'm lucky if i even get back 1 message from you ..LOL.. its cool I know your busy..... :)

I tried to get proof today with Whip guy, but he uses the Dissapering Trainer. He lagged the server also, Rav-Man can confirm that he was using Invisiblity etc.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

Disapearing trainer?
Are there still people making new trainers?!
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

dietofeelalive wrote:Someone Is spreading trainers out there now. Too many ppl cheating, i dont think its a coincidence anymore.
Ever think it might be a coincidence that the people you may have seen cheating are smurfers? And every ''new'' cheater I have met always always always says something like ''I have mad skills'' or ''I can kick your ass anyday noob'' or something of that kind, so, in those vids/clips you got, did any of them say anything? Or perhaps mention ''who'' or ''what'' they were useing to cheat?
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Ever think it might be a coincidence that the people you may have seen cheating are smurfers? And every ''new'' cheater I have met always always always says something like ''I have mad skills'' or ''I can kick your ass anyday noob'' or something of that kind, so, in those vids/clips you got, did any of them say anything? Or perhaps mention ''who'' or ''what'' they were useing to cheat?
Yea like they would say anything that would incriminate themselves. "Hey i'm using trainer which allows me to have infinite jet pack ...BAN ME "

Some of them flaunt the fact that they cant be killed etc, but most of them stay quiet and say " I'm not cheating" or " YOUR THE CheeTOR!!!! NOT ME"
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

dietofeelalive wrote:Yea like they would say anything that would incriminate themselves. "Hey i'm using trainer which allows me to have infinite jet pack ...BAN ME "
xD

It would be alot easier to find these cheaters if they said that more often xD
ravingmadman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by ravingmadman »

This guy said he was a newbie and just acted dumb. Plus he had a ping of 530 and over most of the time. But every once in a while he would do or say something that would make your think he knew exactly what he was doing. (cheating wize)

To us it looked like a trainer..smelt like a trainer...acted like a trainer.

But who knows...could have been really really really really really bad lag or he is really smart at acting dumb.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Tasiin wrote:Also, I apologize for the server being up off and on over the last week or so. My main computer had been dead, and I was forced to use the Giants server from time to time to do certain things. I had been meaning to post something here about it, but I wasn't at all sure how long it would be out of commission or even what the problem was at first. It seems to be mostly fixed now though, and the server should be up 24/7 again barring any future problems.
I don't think you would need to apologize for anything, that server needed a rest anyway. Besides, that time off allowed for some of the other players to work on their hosting abilities and other dedicated servers have poped up here and there.

If the person was a noob, he wouldn't figure out how to use the trainers effectively other then the infinite health. However, there is cases where people go from game to game messing around with that stuff, catagorizing them as newbs but experienced h4xors.
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Ok 1 thing i dont understand is how people with 500 Ping and Lag Horribly are still able to Play w/out getting kicked. But someone with 78 ping gets kicked every hour.
THat baffles me
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

packets lost during the game
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

So hypothetically say, if a person from brazil or something has a ping of 500 to 600 were to log on to giants, how long would it take for them to lose 100 packets.
In my experince, this packet lost kicker dosent work on them. Maybe they are not losing packets, but if thier not losing packets, how come they lag.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

If their connection is good, then they should lose no packets at all. You have to remember that ping andpacket loss are two different things.

Packet loss is basically where the quality of the line is not good, but ping is based on how long it takes for a round trip time of information to be sent between the client and the server.

A person with no packet loss and high ping can still lag. Normally, you won't notice anything between 20 and 100 ping, but when you get into the 150's(+), the client tends to be a tad "jumpy".

It gets more obvious as the ping goes up, such as 300-500+. It would seem as though the person has a really bad connection.

But it's just the ms time is slow, nothing was dropped only that it took a longer time to get to it's destination. I don't care what it is, ping or packet loss, if you've got too much of either, you've got a problem.
dietofeelalive wrote:So hypothetically say, if a person from brazil or something has a ping of 500 to 600 were to log on to giants, how long would it take for them to lose 100 packets.
If they lose no packets, they would never get kicked.
Last edited by DarkFalcoZ on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

it takes time for the packets to travel, so that creates lag depending on the speed of the internet connection. packet loss is when the poackets get ''lost'' or just never show up when its supose to arrive.
UnknownGuru
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by UnknownGuru »

Guys, Giants unfortunately has been plagued with cheaters 3-4 weeks after it was released. Cheaters have always been present here and it seems like it will never change. It's almost the cornerstone of this game.

There's almost no point to griping or taking time out to get evidence of cheaters because they'll just fade for a few weeks then do it all again. You'll never be rid of them.

It's nice to still see a few guys trudging on here though but, wake up fellas. If cheating has been here from the beggining rest assured it'll be there at the end.

p.s. FIND A NEW GAME. :wink: