GWD Server News

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

Zopharks
Administrator

GWD Server News

Post by Zopharks »

Effective immediately, the GWD Dedicated Server has been modified to automatically kick anyone who drops over one hundred packets in a single session.
Please note that these are only kicks - not bans. If nothing else, they can be considered to be motivation for people to correct whatever connectivity issues might plague them.

Please note that this is still being tested, so if the server goes into a violent rage for seemingly no reason and tries to kill you... Its nothing personal. Probably.
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

Can't u guys make a patch of that so players that host also have enabled that. when its finished completely?
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

You were in GSA when we told Glude we would.

Random note: We had a fun time testing this, because even with the limit set to one we were having to think of stupid ways to force ourselves to drop packets. Tas also had a lot of fun making it, as can be seen with

Fortunately everything is pretty solid now.
Droid2K4
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Droid2K4 »

ok sorry i jsut want it it seems to be cool to have that and also we can enable ban consoles different commands with a new patch included in 1.5
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Breaking News: 1.5 patch is dead.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Well, I guess I can't play for more then 10 minutes a session huh? :?
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Considering you dropped about 2600 packets in an hour yesterday, probably a lot less than that. :(
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Your issue seems pretty fixable to me, as long as you're willing to put some time into fixing your wireless connection. I think I made it pretty clear how you'd go about doing that last time we spoke, but if you need any further help I'd be happy to provide it. If you want to play on the server for extended periods of time though, you're going to need to get it solved.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

It was not 2600, it was 250-300, get it right.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

It's a lot more than you think. You're going to have to do something about it.
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

You might've been looking at packets retried, I guess. Anyway, just try some of the suggestions Tas gave you, you can probably correct whatever the problem is and then everyone will be happy.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

That can't be possible if I'm in gwd for an hour, unless that was taken when during one of the 6-10 player defend base games.
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

It's perfectly possible, it happens all the time for you. Also, that was a 5 player TDM game.
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Ok, the program works good, maybe to good. Lately everytime I get kicked from gwd, I try to re-join it within the giants menu, but sometimes I get a giants error even when I join another game within the menu.

Any idea why this has been happening?