How to report cheaters

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

How to report cheaters

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

Recommended tools:

Fraps

Fraps isn't free, but I don't know of any other decent recording tools. Fortunately, the demo still allows you to record clips up to 30 seconds long; which should be more than enough to bust a cheater. You can combine multiple clips later.

Fraps can also save screenshots into the installed directory. Useful if you need to take multiple shots and can't alt-tab to save them all individually. Set the screenshot file type to or bmp png, as the jpg option might slow your computer when taking screens due to compressing on the fly.

Irfanview

I've used this program for years. It is incredibly useful for viewing and saving images if you have nothing better. Use this to convert Fraps screenshots to jpg files. It even supports batch conversion which will allow you to convert multiple files at once. Mspaint also works, but the quality usually doesn't turn out too great. Best of all, Irfanview is perfectly free.

VirtualDub

Another free tool. Fraps' videos are saved uncompressed, this will let you compress them into transferrable sizes. You will also need a video codec to compress them, I recommend Xvid, which is free too.

All of the above tools are pretty simple to use, if you can't figure them out on your own feel free to ask for help.

-

So now that you've got some nice compressed videos, screenshots (or both) you also need somewhere to host them so we can view them, we've made it easy for you and are providing a free place for Giants users to upload videos and screenshots to, without having to deal with an annoying site like rapidshare.

at this page you will find a simple form which will allow you to report cheaters directly to myself, Tasiin and Z0PharX. You can enter your name, a short comment on what happened and attach your proof. However, we have some rules about using this:

DO NOT USE THIS TO UPLOAD ANYTHING OTHER THAN VIDEOS AND SCREENSHOTS OF CHEATERS. FILE SIZES MAY NOT BE LARGER THAN 40mb.

Your access to the uploader will be removed otherwise, and if you have clearly malicious intent we may go further than that. Please do not abuse it.

Finally, please be patient when uploading your files. Your average cable or DSL line will take about 10-15 minutes to upload a 40mb file.
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

does someone know a tutorial to understand all the options of the XviD codec? It makes good files but they are still too large compared to .wmv ones...
[NEO]Vortex
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by [NEO]Vortex »

this page does a decent job of explaining all the config options and such, but I don't follow the tutorial when encoding. From my experience dub+xvid is far better for a balance in file size and quality than encoding with WMM. .wmv could probably be better if you had the right tools, but windows movie maker is sh**. Do you use something else?
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

I use Discreet Cleaner XL, the best encoder in da world. thanks for the guide, ill check this out.
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

That link seems to be outdated, it doesn't work for me. I've a cheater to report.
[PL] Przemek
Yan the Pimp

Post by [PL] Przemek »

This links is good for me. If you have a problem with them, just try to look for these programs in Google.