Die To Feel Fkn Retarded

Rules, gametypes and questions will be posted here.

Moderator: Staff

Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

You can survive a direct mortar hit with the shield.
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Rooter ...I was in that game with you...We pummeled the guy but he took no severe damage...i remember i got him wit rockets dead ON!!!!

I WAS THERE DUDE>>ThAts what i'm trying to say man.....WE pummeled HIM but he took damage SLowly ...and the dude wasnt even shielding ...

Could u imagine if someone was using that when they are sheidling....it would take 100 rockets to kill the guy... AND you couldn't even know hes Hacking, becase sheild absorbs damage...so u end up thinking hes a great shielder and he shielded most of your shots.

An' my accusation isnt baseless.. I saw it . so did jefferz..i didnt get a screenshot becase it would just be a still photo.

Damn i knew no ones going to believe me man. How could you..After all I AM NEW and dont have a brain....

AND how much does FRAPS REduce your framerate when u play giants..I havent tested it out yet
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

dietofeelalive wrote:AND how much does FRAPS REduce your framerate when u play giants..I havent tested it out yet
Unless you have an extremely high end computer or a low framerate to begin with, you'll probably get half your original framerate or less. FRAPS relies heavily upon the speed of your processor and your hard drive for recording, so if your computer is lacking in any of those areas the framerate hit will be heavy.

I wasn't really able to record smoothly until I upgraded to a dual core processor, but it was definitely playable before. Still, I wouldn't recommend using it during serious play for anything other than catching cheaters.

Also, the last time I checked, the newer versions of FRAPS will lock your FPS at whatever framerate you're recording at, for some weird reason. I've kept an older version of FRAPS to get around that limitation. It's possible that that has since been changed, though.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

ha yes. you were the "guy" who was there with me lol. yeah

:arrow:
yes he was taking damage very slowly :wink:
i believe he was packing, i think 50 dead-on proxys and a few rockets should be enough to kill a packer xD. we still managed to kill him, but the fact is he only took like...5%damage of each missile :P
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

well i do have a Dual core processor too. But its a X2 3800 the cheapest of the dual core processors :D ... i couldn't afford the 4000

This core runs the game abt 400% better than my old AMD 3700+...I really noticed the difference.

Yea i tried fraps today, and my frame rate dropped from 143 to 73 and went even lower when i'm fighting somone in the game. I also have a geforce 6800 GT, but i only have a 7200 RPM hard drive on ATA so i am lacking in my hard drive area.

HAHA! rooter u finally remembered
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Everyone who I can't kill hax :evil:
Last edited by [TO]Semore on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trust Kill
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Trust Kill »

Then come to gamespy sometime, :) it gets boring these days cuz no pros. are there.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

Um, an Athlon 64 3700+ (assuming it's a San Diego) should run Giants faster than an X2 3800+. Giants isn't, as far as I know, multi-threaded, so you should get absolutely no benefit in it from a dual core processor unless you're multi tasking.

That being said though, a drop from 143 to 73 is fairly precipitous for a setup like that. I notice almost no drop now in framerate and only very slight stuttering when recording, and (for Giants at least) your system isn't much slower than mine, so I have no idea what's going on there.
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

During FRAPS//////It goes even lower when i'm fighting multiple ppl. The framerate drops when ther is a mine explosion or buch of ppl firing at the same time.
I dont know whats going on...I might be bad ram PC 3200 Value ram
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

check if anti-aliasing is activated : I get about 2 fps when i record while its activated, but its fine when it isn't.
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

I recorded and played just fine with 4X AA back when I still had my 6800 GT, so I doubt that's his problem. It actually caused no performance loss at all, which isn't too surprising given how CPU bound Giants is with pretty much anything better than a GeForce FX 5950.
Exploderman
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by Exploderman »

What's the fastest processor available?
Glude
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Glude »

mmh, AMD athlon 64 FX60 ?
dietofeelalive
Yan the Pimp

Post by dietofeelalive »

Nah FX-60 is fast ..but i heard somewhere that the latest x2 can kick its butt.. I dont know if thats true..
Tasiin
Staff
Staff

Post by Tasiin »

dietofeelalive wrote:Nah FX-60 is fast ..but i heard somewhere that the latest x2 can kick its butt.. I dont know if thats true..

The FX-60 is an X2. It's basically an X2 4800+ that's been cherry picked and is able to reach much higher clock speeds than the other X2s and had the multiplier unlocked. The FX-60 also runs at stock speeds of 2.6 GHz, compared to 2.4 on the 4800+. The FX-60 is currently the fastest dual core processor available, but the FX-57 is still faster in single threaded applications with a single 2.8 GHz processor.

And of course, both of these processors are a complete and utter waste of money.