PMS and Wow

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

I would help with anything
but I dont know sh** about programming
I can help on the map area... 8)
Loop_Goose
Yan the Pimp

Post by Loop_Goose »

STEELIX wrote:it's true giantswd.com doesnt show up anywhere near the top @ google.com, but thats mainly because of all the reviews about the game on gaming websites that're very popular, and linked to very much :P

Only solution I know for that is by putting the link to giantswd.com on lots of websites... and there is a thing on google.com where you can...ummm tell them to add a site with it, that might help :P

If you search for giantswd in google, it's listed all over the first page...

and if you search for Loop Goose Giants then its number 1, and I have a link to this site on my site. So there should be no excuse for ppl not to somehow make their way to this site ;)
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

people who dont know what giants sites are alive will just type giants citizen kabuto in the search field... when you enter the exact title of the webpage you wish to go to its really logical you end up on the site you wish to go, duhh :P

(k did anybody get that? i didnt:P)
King
Administrator

Post by King »

[PM]Olden McGroin wrote:First I need to correct Infinity7, I helped a lot in the net game, but was by far not the main guy. I was the one however who became most visible to try to support the Giants community and I do know a thing or two about the net game :wink:

By the way, do you guys play or just talk about the game? If you play, where/when do you play? I'm assuming GSA...

Who here can post things/make changes to this site? I have a few ideas of what we can do to distribute anything that comes out of my new found energy for Giants.

And for the record, I'm always busy. Unless somebody wants to volunteer to finish power washing/sealing my deck.
I can make the changes necessary. If you want to give an announcement or such on the main page, there is a submit news feature that you can use by just being logged in. Just visit the main page and you'll see the link above the news box.

Is it even possible to change the generic message of "World not found?" This is the biggest problem for most of the newcomers, and if we can give them a link, that would expand the community by quite a bit.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

Using UltraEdit, or any other text-changing programs, players are able to change their death messages. (ie: instead of "An00blette ate GibLit's proximity missiles", it could be "An00blette got shot down by GibLit's ultraleet proxie!!!")

Using this method, we could change the "World Not Installed" text in GTextEnglish, and the other different language text files, to "go to www.giantswd.com for all your Giants needs" or something like that. =)
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

indeed.

however, we would have to change the message in all language files, so everybody will get to see the new message
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

That's what I meant when I said "and the other different language text files." :wink:
Nullpointer
Staff
Staff

Post by Nullpointer »

...we could change the "World Not Installed" text in GTextEnglish...
That will change the message on your machine but not on the machine of whoever is connecting with 1.4

AFAIK when you connect without the correct map you'll still see the game name (with **world not installed** after it). My idea: Let the server send a modified game name to 1.4 clients.
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

SSJBardock has a text converter he made. Basically, you use his program "GText Edit" (downloadable from this website), and edit your texts, then email the txt file to him. Then he check it through to make sure you are not abusing it, and converts the file. He then sends it back to you and you slap it in your Bin folder. This then allowsyou to have texts like mine, for example"[EVO]Mutilator shouted "Oh F***" as KillerDude's homing missile headed towards hm at an incredible speed", or something along those lines anyway.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Other people who have 1.4 see the same message, so I agree with this.
But can't you just open it up in wordpad?
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

For some reason No, Semore
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

No you can't. GText Edit can be found in the tools section, under downloads (I think).
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Mutilator wrote:No you can't. GText Edit can be found in the tools section, under downloads (I think).
*CHECKED*
That is correct.
http://s88894241.onlinehome.us/tools/to ... xtedit.zip
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

I know it is, I downloaded it from there a week ago.