PMS and Wow

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Infinity7
Staff
Staff

Post by Infinity7 »

On Planet Moon Central they let me join the administration of the site for a while, then one of them went off to do other stuff, then the other guy seemed to think it best to stop putting stuff on the site until Planet Moon came out with the next game. He stopped posting news. I did too when this site here began to show more life than that one.

Now I know you're the real Olden. That was your trademark statement: " I'm very busy" :-) hehehehehehehehe Jim's comment all the time too.
:-)

For those of you that don't know, Olden was like the main multiplayer programmer for Giants. He spent a long time optimizing the net code and eliminating bugs. Olden why did you leave there if I may ask? It makes sense that Interplay is dead. Us Giants players all put a curse on them when they failed to support our game. It was only a matter of time.

I sent emails to Nullpointer. He is not fast at responding though.

Infinity7
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

it's true giantswd.com doesnt show up anywhere near the top @ google.com, but thats mainly because of all the reviews about the game on gaming websites that're very popular, and linked to very much :P

Only solution I know for that is by putting the link to giantswd.com on lots of websites... and there is a thing on google.com where you can...ummm tell them to add a site with it, that might help :P
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

I'm that that Google thing costs money though. I had a look a while ago.
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

[PM]Olden McGroin wrote:...This is the only site I could find where I was actually able to download content...
www.giantsxtreme.cjb.net

;)

This is pretty cool btw
Last edited by SSJBardock on Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

this might come as a blow for you, but giants extreme is pretty dead ;)
SSJBardock
Evil Smartie Genious

Post by SSJBardock »

STEELIX wrote:this might come as a blow for you, but giants extreme is pretty dead ;)
It does have downloadable content
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

[PM]Olden McGroin wrote:I've already gotten a small exploit/bug list from a guy who shall remain anonymous and I was going to try to tackle a few of those.

Can't IMAGINE who that might be.

And Giants is pretty much dead, but mmost people can't get over the game, including me. :D
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

Giants is one of the best games I've ever played. I also like it because it's sdo easy to make new maps for it, and make extra skins and stuff. It's got almost unlimited customisation capabilities.
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Hey Olden.

I remember the first time I saw you in the lobby.. way back in the day. Giants is still kickin' with a lot of sporadic activity, and we still love it. Probably still the best game, even after Armed and Dangerous. In any case, what have you been up to lately?

I graduated yesterday and summer is just around the corner. I will be taking summer classes again, but am sure I will have plenty of free time when not fragging. Your introduction into the Giants scene has reinvigorated me once again, and I plan to do some cleaning around on the site. As for GiantsWD, it was developed for Giants and should be used for that purpose to the fullest extent. If there are sections, news, patches, or whatever you think should be posted, let me know and those things shall be developed pronto.

Google seems to have a personal grudge against me. I've done a lot to boost the ranking, even petitioning them, but all to no avail. The problem is that few people search for Giants on Google, and when they do, they rarely go more than a few pages. As one of the ways Google ranks, it counts the number of clicks through from their site to ours. To be successful, there need to be more searches for "Giants citizen kabuto."

In any case, keep in touch. We should arrange a developer's chat to stir the pot and see what ideas are the most popular/should be advanced. I'll send an email to Null in any case to see if we can pull him back from the grave.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

when you talk like that King I feel very VERY young :roll:
eXistenZ
Yan the Pimp

Post by eXistenZ »

erm infinity i can help u with the map patch just tell me what to do ...
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

Yeh King, you make people think you are about 35, though I always thought you were that age anyway....

How old are you?
King
Administrator

Post by King »

Fresh into the arms of adulthood at the age of 18, or so they say. Let's keep on topic :wink:
[PM]Olden McGroin
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by [PM]Olden McGroin »

First I need to correct Infinity7, I helped a lot in the net game, but was by far not the main guy. I was the one however who became most visible to try to support the Giants community and I do know a thing or two about the net game :wink:

By the way, do you guys play or just talk about the game? If you play, where/when do you play? I'm assuming GSA...

Who here can post things/make changes to this site? I have a few ideas of what we can do to distribute anything that comes out of my new found energy for Giants.

And for the record, I'm always busy. Unless somebody wants to volunteer to finish power washing/sealing my deck.
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

You assume correctly. All of us here at GWD host and join games in the GSA lobby.
There's about 20-30 people in the lobby during most of every day, and we're finding a few new/old faces appearing/reappearing, which is good. =)