PMS and Wow

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

[PM]Olden McGroin
Kabuto's Playtoy

PMS and Wow

Post by [PM]Olden McGroin »

Holly Giants isn't dead!!! For all those that don't remember me I'm one of the programmers on GCK (I use to hang out in the Gamespy Arcade lobby). Came across this site trying to find the patch for the game... yes I'm dusting it off and my even play it some day again.

Anyway, I just think its really cool you guys are still playing/supporting Giants. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask... I may say no, but you never know, stranger things have happend.
[TO]Semore
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by [TO]Semore »

Source Code
I see possibilities... :roll:
eXistenZ
Yan the Pimp

Post by eXistenZ »

ur one of the gck creators ?
STEELIX
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by STEELIX »

woot?
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

gck creators?
you mean the game or the name for the map files...
GibLit
Staff
Staff

Post by GibLit »

The game...
|BoM|SkateBoarder
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by |BoM|SkateBoarder »

OmG
eXistenZ
Yan the Pimp

Post by eXistenZ »

well its nice to see one of those guys here =)
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

psst! ehm you dont know if you can find the source code somewhere do ya? :twisted:
Mutilator
Yan the Pimp

Post by Mutilator »

Yeh, pleeeeeeeeeeeease! Don't forgte to check out my skin in the Mods section :D
[PM]Olden McGroin
Kabuto's Playtoy

Thanks for the info. I'll look up Null Pointer when I get a bit of spare time. There's an off chance I may be able to help him out, but it's been awhile. He probably knows the Giants engine better than I do at this point. I'm still blown away you guys still play it, much less want to do mods for it still! Kudos.

By the way, I found this site fairly randomly. If Google even picked it up at all it was barried deep. You guys should do something about that... This is the only site I could find where I was actually able to download content. Basically you guys are king of the Giants world as far as I'm concened (:
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Thx McGroin, if we had the code we could make this a better game
not only fixing stuff
but also new single player missions, more maps and fixing so GMM is built in into the game, I guess people would play the custom made maps more if it was...
Zopharks
Administrator

Post by Zopharks »

Rich sounds like a broken record. o_O

"source source source source source source source"
Infinity7
Staff
Staff

Post by Infinity7 »

Hi Olden. Long time. Nullpointer was gonna help create a patch to add more maps and some other fixes but he's sorta sidetracked. He got frustrated with lack of support from Planet Moon and Interplay while he slaved to make the game better. He's hard to get in contact with these days but he'll come back faster if he knows you'll give some support.

The more recent Planet Moon games are interesting, but......they're no Giants :-)

All try writing to Null again.

Infinity7
[PM]Olden McGroin
Kabuto's Playtoy

Hey Infinity7... What happend to PlanetMoonCentral? It was a sad day when I realized I couldn't get squat from there anymore, but then I discovered this site and realized Giants is still breathing.

Let me make this clear, I make no promisses what-so-ever. I'm very busy and I don't even work for Planetmoon any longer. But I love Giants almost as much as you folks so I'll do what I can. I've already gotten a small exploit/bug list from a guy who shall remain anonymous and I was going to try to tackle a few of those.

I can provide 4 year old technical support to Null Pointer and possibly other help, but I have to talk to him first... Interplay is dead and I don't work for Planetmoon so I'm only bound by my own time/knowledge and my own comfort level in what I do. I only wish I found this site 2 months ago. I had enough free time to re-write my stupid card game for the third time (this time in java).