Mouse Sensitivity Problem?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Cman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Mouse Sensitivity Problem?

Post by Cman »

Heya there

This game was a cult classic when I was a kid and I'm so excited to find out about the 1.497 patch. I got the game again off GOG and everything works fine except in game I have an unusably low sensitivity. I haven't experienced this problem with any other games on my computer and other computers around the house can run the game without this glitch. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't see anything in the forum when I had a squiz.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows if it's a giants related issue or maybe just something to do with my pc specifically?

P.s After reading through some threads on this website, I am absolutely loving this community

Cheers
Cman
Cman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Re: Mouse Sensitivity Problem?

Post by Cman »

So not sure if it is an actual glitch of the game but I managed to set a really high dpi setting on my mouse specifically for playing this game and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Cheers
Cman
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Hey there!

The most common cause for this isn't the mouse, but the FPS. If you type in "fr" in the ingame chat while playing, you can see your framerate. Especially on newer machines the game can try and run in 600+ fps, which causes all kinds of mouse movement issues.

The easy way to fix it is to lock your framerate. Create a new desktop shortcut of the games .exe, right click it, go to properties and add -framelimit 60 (or any number you prefer) to the target.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Giants - Citizen Kabuto\Giants.exe" -framelimit 60
Be sure to check out our multiplayer community too!
https://discord.gg/Avj4azU
Cman
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Cman »

Hey Tig

That solution worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help and quick reply!!! Looking forward to setting up some PvP with my friends now and I've hopped onto the discord just in case I can play a game with you guys!

Cheers
Cman
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Good to hear!

I saw you joined our Discord server, but you forgot to read our Welcome message.
You're required to verify yourself with a command within 24 hours of joining!

Be sure to verify, or else you can't connect with the other members.