Hi! I'm new

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Kriv02
Kabuto's Playtoy

Hi! I'm new

Post by Kriv02 »

I'm new to Giants, and I wanted to ask a few questions, as well as say that I exist. First of all, which version should I get, the GOG version or the Steam version? Second, is multiplayer of this still a thing? Because the review that I saw of this said that the multiplayer was one of the best parts, and I would like to get into it if anybody else still plays it.
Also, you should probably know that I am 14, so I will probably be acting like an idiot at some point.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Hi Kriv!

First off, don't worry, we are all idiots here for the most part. Multiplayer is still a thing, though not as big as it used to be. We still do play from time to time, more so because one of us is able to host. Just get the 497 patch and you're good to go.

As for the Steam part: I think you can get either of those versions. I'm not sure but the Steam one comes with the 1.4 patch(?), which was the last official one, whereas 1.497 is a community thing (better not quote me on that xd).

The review you've read was probably written by the guy who was sad, because Delphi wasn't naked. Read the comments to the review ;)

Nowadays we use Steam to communicate and agree on when we want to play, my Steam ID is Reventon134, so you can add me and others and we will inform you whenever something happens.
Kriv02
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Kriv02 »

Okay thanks! I'll probably get the steam version, since I already have an account on that. You probably received a friend request from 'krivdragonborn.' That was me.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Hi there! And welcome to our ghost town.

It doesn't matter what version you get. As long as you download the 1.497 Patch from this website.

I'm usually the one hosting the games, though there is also a dedicated server running *allmost* 24/7.

To get an idea of how most of us play multiplayer, I advise you to watch the video's posted by Buster at the steam page or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j9fU45I9Ps
buster
Yan the Pimp

Re: Hi! I'm new

Post by buster »

Kriv02 wrote: I am 14
you better grab your bag of chips with ketchup if you gonna stay with us, and read the mecc battle guide. At the end its really fun :p.
Last edited by buster on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
buster
Yan the Pimp

Post by buster »

Reventon134 wrote: I'm not sure but the Steam one comes with the 1.4 patch(?)
It comes with the 1.4 patch, 1.497 can be installed same as in the gog version. Also, the steam version doesnt allows me to execute the game in a window or modify the framerate. Which sucks :/.