Hello!

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Alexhandr
Kabuto's Playtoy

Hello!

Post by Alexhandr »

I was watching TotalBiscuit's "This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" series on Giants: Citizen Kabuto, and it just made me want to check out and see if Giants still had any mp community at all.

I see the community is small, but that is expected. Glad to be here, lads.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

First of all: I gladly welcome you to microscopic, yet still very active community!

Second of all: You most probably already know this, but if you wish to play online, you need to download the 1.497 beta patch, here on this site.

Third of all: There is one 24/7 server but nowadays we usually play on a server hosted by White Tiger (who's gonna appear in this thread in no time).

We usually play on evenings GMT+1 and the best way to keep in touch and be informed about new sessions is to add us on Steam, because that's the main media we communicate with other players through (my nick is Reventon134).
Alexhandr
Kabuto's Playtoy

Discord

Post by Alexhandr »

My name is Alexhandr on Steam.

If I create a Discord server for this community, will you all join it? It's much easier to utilize & communicate than Steam, though of course nothing is stopping us from using both.
buster
Yan the Pimp

Re: Discord

Post by buster »

Alexhandr wrote:My name is Alexhandr on Steam.

If I create a Discord server for this community, will you all join it? It's much easier to utilize & communicate than Steam, though of course nothing is stopping us from using both.
We will join as long as we coordinate!.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Indeed i will present myself within no time, like Reventon said. Though, he used my old user name :p

Curently, most players use steam as their main way to contact other players. I for one, won't be making any special accounts for something used specifically for one game. As i'm already drowning in loads of different accounts ;)

When we feel like playing, I'm usually the one hosting. This is because the dedicated server lacks moderation and there are a lot of people trolling in the game.

Also, the most active members of the community play PvsP or team deatchmatch. This mean the basebuild functions, smartie objects and some weapons are not used. In games with all three races we've also implemented some rules to keep gameplay on a fair level.

These rules or guidelines are unfortunatly needed due to the gap in experience between playergroups.
haloangel3
Kabuto's Playtoy

got both discord and steam going now

Post by haloangel3 »

hey guys i got both accounts now and Alexhandr i added u on steam
haloangel3
Kabuto's Playtoy

when can we play?

Post by haloangel3 »

when can we get together man?
haloangel3
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by haloangel3 »

that was fun guys. we'll get together for another game soon. peace out.