Are people still playing...

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Are people still playing...

Post by RichardMH »

...or are we all waiting for the sequal?

Kind regards
Richard
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

Hey,
Yes, me, buster, Teshchamp and White_tiger are still playing. Haven't really played a proper match for 2 months now, but we are ready to play + Tiger is able to host a game. So if you want to join us we can set sth up below :)
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Richard! Hey man! How've you been? I was known under [FOH]White_tiger back in our day.

I remember testing all those maps you made!
Riku
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Riku »

I think that First Wonder was canceled.. Ill still play my steam: RxLBandit
DarkFalcoZ
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by DarkFalcoZ »

Nope. And like Riku said, First Wonder cancelled... but now I hear the giants IP is being sold?

Still checking in every now and then.
RichardMH
Tel the Obnoxious

Post by RichardMH »

Heya all!

I would like to install the game again and give it another try. I was so happy when I heard about the new game. I'm working in the area of software development myself, although not in game development, so I understand if they easily ran out of money, or time, as projects can get pretty complex.

Tell me when you have your next game and I'll try to have the game installed. I work during the weekdays so weekends would be best. As I wake up at 4am, arrive at work around 7am, leave work at 4pm and finally get back home at 7pm. So as you will understand, especially with children, that I do not get as much time as I normally would have during studies and no children...

My maps! I love to see that people still play them and that they can be found here on GiantsWD. I should have copies of them on my harddrive, somewhere, but I have not touched the gedit application in a long time. I still have some unfinished maps!

If a new game would have been created, it would have been like all of my four children being born in the same day! Talk about a celebration with a new game, you people and level designing!

I've been good, got married, four children, kinda passed my studies (some left to do but after about 3 years I just had enough) and now I'm on my third it-consultant position.

Thank you for testing my maps! :D

How is everyone?! :)

Yes, Riku. I noticed that after I got all my hopes up! Bah! -_-

Take care! :)
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Alright then! We usually play on weekdays. Most players are from Europe, so timezones should be taken into account. We currently use steam to organise games. I'm the go-to guy for hosting these days ^^

Nice to hear you've got yourself a family :) I've recently started a new study after working for a decade.

First wonder was a very ambitious product for just the two remaining developers. I would have liked it if they just sold their idea and let someone else finish it.