Interplay selling Intellectual Property

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Tig
Yan the Pimp

Interplay selling Intellectual Property

Post by Tig »

Interplay is selling it's IP's. This includes all rights to Giants.
This could be an interesting development if a publisher or private developer buys these rights. We might see a new game being made with those rights.

Full article: http://www.geek.com/games/interplay-to- ... k-1670030/

I don't know what it would cost, if it's sold seperatly or as a bundle with their other titles. We could pool some cash together and buy the game as a community, so we can finally get to work and finish 1.5 and 2.0 :p
Mnich
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Mnich »

It's a great chance to bring back some cool titles like MDK, Giants, Earthworm Jim or Sacrifice. But it's not that simple because they want to sell it all for one buyer for a $3 millions. Good luck with that.
buster
Yan the Pimp

Post by buster »

Mnich wrote:It's a great chance to bring back some cool titles like MDK, Giants, Earthworm Jim or Sacrifice. But it's not that simple because they want to sell it all for one buyer for a $3 millions. Good luck with that.

where did you get that info?
Mnich
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Mnich »

I saw some people, like Doug TenNapel, talking about $3 millions on Nick Bruty's facebook profile. Interplay is selling off 70 titles. It has to be worth a lot.

About selling it all to one buyer - you can find this info on Brian Fargo's facebook: "*I've been told that they are selling the entire lot and not parsing out a game at a time." Of course we have to wait and see if anyone will buy it, cause if there is no buyer for all titles then they might change their minds and sell some titles separately.
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

I did shoot them an e-mail asking them how the selling of their titles is going to work, and in what price ranges they are going out for.