New connection, able to host.

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Tig
Yan the Pimp

New connection, able to host.

Post by Tig »

In a few days my new connection will be set up. And in the long run I might find myself able to host a dedicated.

Since we've experienced a lot of trouble with the new players that generally refuse to play fair, or outvote a game already in progress. It might be a good idea to make a few tweaks in a new set-up.

I would like to know what you guys think should be done.

What maps and gamemodes would you all like to see hosted? Should I allow to possibility to vote or not? Turn off some of the weapons, or stop the ability to build turrets all over the map?
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

- MvMvM & RvR, 2 maps each max (1 for the latter of these should be enough)
- as for other maps, it'd be nice to play on some different ones than those on GWD server (or at least variations, like in the case of v. small)
- I suppose removing Follow and Firewall spells would be a good thing. On Accus's server it worked well and we all know how OP/spammable those spells are. Every other weapon is fine

Please? xd That's for now, I might edit it later.

As for vote system: I don't really know. On the one hand we might get outvoted, on the other you play quite often and can just designate yourself as the host and fix stuff if someone messes it up.

Note for others: There still is GWD server in case you don't like the rules. So if you wanna do something else, you are free to do so on GWD. Or host by yourself.