Anyone wanna play online?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

quickshiver
Kabuto's Playtoy

Anyone wanna play online?

Post by quickshiver »

Hey hello,

I've played this game a'lot like 8 years ago, and all out of a sudden i started to miss it haha.

Now that i got it installed again, i'd like to do some old school online matches. But i can't seem to find any matches, is that just me? Am i doing something wrong? Or is it just dead?

Anyways, if you know a solution and wanna play, let me know ^^
Arthur_BR
Kabuto's Playtoy

Re: Anyone wanna play online?

Post by Arthur_BR »

quickshiver wrote:Hey hello,

I've played this game a'lot like 8 years ago, and all out of a sudden i started to miss it haha.

Now that i got it installed again, i'd like to do some old school online matches. But i can't seem to find any matches, is that just me? Am i doing something wrong? Or is it just dead?

Anyways, if you know a solution and wanna play, let me know ^^
Hello brother, welcome to home!! To list online servers, u can download this: http://www.giantswd.org/download.php?of ... client.exe

i'm waiting others players, contact me!!
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

I'll try and play this week
Capt.Sisko
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Capt.Sisko »

Hello everybody, I want to play this Sunday with a friend and we would like to invite everyone to join us. We would start around 20:00 (GMT+2).
BoogyLou
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by BoogyLou »

Hi everyone!

I play GCK for 15 years now. I love it.
But I still havent played online!! I wanna try really bad!

The problem is: I have no clue how this thing works actually. To I have to log on to a server or something like that?

Thank you for the hand! :D
Mnich
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Mnich »

First of all you have to download the newest patch 1.497. You can find it here: http://www.giantswd.org/?file=2

While in game menu you just click on "join multiplayer game" -> "search internet and lan for games". If you installed your patch correctly, then you should see a GiantsWD.org server.
BoogyLou
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by BoogyLou »

Cool man! It worked!! Thank you!

Do you guys play with microphones? Is there any way we can play and talk to each other in the same time with this kind of multiplayer mode?
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

Most of us are just using the ingame chat function by pressing T. Not sure if anyone uses any form of teamspeak anymore. What is your location? So we can figure out what timezone everyone's in.
BoogyLou
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by BoogyLou »

I live in Canada! I am on the same timezone than NYC!
Teshchamp
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Teshchamp »

Okay, that's GMT-5 I think? White Tiger, Mnich and me are often online in the evening here (GMT+1, so afternoon for you).
BoogyLou
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by BoogyLou »

Okay great! I'll see what I can do, thank you! :D
I-Kabuto
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by I-Kabuto »

man i've been checking dedi server and i don't see anyone on ever!!! it's so dead! please spread the word and recruit! what are ppl playing online nowadays that better than GCK?!
Tig
Yan the Pimp

Post by Tig »

It really depends on timezones. I see most players around at, what is my evening time, 8-12pm (GMT+1 timezone)
WookieBro
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by WookieBro »

Hey guys i used to play on the PS2 ages ago but have just started trying to get into it. Ive just been trying to get to the base building missions to make sure ive got the basics down to a tee mainly a console player but love this game that much ive come to the master race im from the uk definatly up for a game if we can organize one
buster
Yan the Pimp

Post by buster »

WookieBro wrote:>Basebuilding
Kek