Any idea regarding average # of players on the server?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

Lou
Kabuto's Playtoy

Any idea regarding average # of players on the server?

Post by Lou »

Hey everyone,

I just picked up Giants on GOG and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how many people I can expect to be playing with on the GiantsWD server on a given night, when most people would be available to play. I was playing multiplayer and without a decent amount of people the asymmetry becomes really punishing
King
Administrator

Post by King »

There aren't many active players on a random night. It may be better to schedule an event and have others confirm that they'll play at a specific day/time.
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

I totally agree with King as making an event appears to be the best way to play while there aren't many active players nowadays. Let's just make a new thread with a date and exact hour given and ask people to write down, whether they will be available at that time or not. I think you can be certain I will be there, buster too, not sure about Gabi.

If I just get into game, with no event scheduled on that time, I can find from 1 up to 4 players (but just if I'm lucky). Usually it's just empty. People also leave the server quite fast and even if there are a few players, the game is not as intense/funny, as it is with ~10 players or so.

I was full of hope, that there is going to be more players after GOG's sale and CynicalBrit's video on YouTube. Well, let's see if that happens.
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

Sunday is the best day of the week for me to play but I can play some other days too

So.. when can we play? What is the best time for you guys?
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

I am available almost everyday. I am busy only this Wednesday for now. Tell me your hours and I will be almost sure to be there.
Threnke
Yan the Pimp

Post by Threnke »

Ok man, I'm joining now, there's 6 players right now