is there a game like giants?

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

buster
Yan the Pimp

is there a game like giants?

Post by buster »

the title says all
but there is a game with giants , copters , jetpacks and flying btchs around ? xd tribes didnt seemed so good :/
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

I've never actually played it, but Halo looks pretty similar.
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

There is no game like Giants, there are however tons of good games out there with unique gameplay features and comedy. If you didn't like Tribes I'll doubt Halo will fit the bill any better. Don't just look for games that are like Giants, look for games that are unique in their own way that appeal to you (if it's uniqueness that draws you to Giants that is).
Rollo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rollo »

Savage is nice. Although i had more fun in Savage 1 then 2 I occasionally play Savage 2. It has Behemoths which reminded me a bit of Kabuto. You don't have jetpacks though.

Both games are free 2 play so trying won't hurt :)

http://www.s2games.com/games.php
buster
Yan the Pimp

Post by buster »

Rollo wrote:Savage is nice. Although i had more fun in Savage 1 then 2 I occasionally play Savage 2. It has Behemoths which reminded me a bit of Kabuto. You don't have jetpacks though.

lel it seems to be good , my other game (battleforge) will be closed by ea xd i felt so bad with it and im searchin for sth like that , but what are the pc specs? it kinda those free to play and pay to win or sth?
Rollo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rollo »

buster wrote:
Rollo wrote:Savage is nice. Although i had more fun in Savage 1 then 2 I occasionally play Savage 2. It has Behemoths which reminded me a bit of Kabuto. You don't have jetpacks though.

lel it seems to be good , my other game (battleforge) will be closed by ea xd i felt so bad with it and im searchin for sth like that , but what are the pc specs? it kinda those free to play and pay to win or sth?
No, it's not pay to win. When the games where released you had to pay for the game, but when Savage 2 was released, part 1 became free. Later on Savage 2 became free too. There is no itemshop. You can buy items ingame with ingame earned gold.

You can earn items though with creating an account or referring other players. those items are persistant and will stay in your item vault. But they are the same items you can buy ingame with ingame gold. And once used it's gone.

For Savage 2 the system requirements are as follows
Minimum:
Processor - 2.2GHz Pentium 4 / AMD 2000+ or faster
RAM - 1GB of RAM
Video Card - 128MB fully DirectX 9.0 compliant Geforce or Radeon
Windows XP, Win2k or Windows Vista
Network Connection Required

Recommended:
Processor - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or faster
RAM - 1.5GB or higher
Video Card - 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
Network Connection Required (Broadband)
For savage 1 of course lower as it's an older game.
buster
Yan the Pimp

Post by buster »

Rollo wrote:
buster wrote:

No, it's not pay to win. When the games where released you had to pay for the game, but when Savage 2 was released, part 1 became free. Later on Savage 2 became free too. There is no itemshop. You can buy items ingame with ingame earned gold.

You can earn items though with creating an account or referring other players. those items are persistant and will stay in your item vault. But they are the same items you can buy ingame with ingame gold. And once used it's gone.

For Savage 2 the system requirements are as follows
Minimum:
Processor - 2.2GHz Pentium 4 / AMD 2000+ or faster
RAM - 1GB of RAM
Video Card - 128MB fully DirectX 9.0 compliant Geforce or Radeon
Windows XP, Win2k or Windows Vista
Network Connection Required

Recommended:
Processor - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or faster
RAM - 1.5GB or higher
Video Card - 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
Network Connection Required (Broadband)
For savage 1 of course lower as it's an older game.
lol ty man , but the game is practically dead , there are no updates and some players are stuck in a old version of it (same as me) and can update , in the recent v there are just 11 servers with few players ... but theres a "savage XR" and looks the same with more players and its almost new released :D
Rollo
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Rollo »

Yeah, i also have Savage XR. It's just savage 1 with some improvements. I remember playing Savage when just released. It was really great. Nowadays i really suck in it. Can't kill humans as beast and vice versa. Savage 2 i still have a chance to kill someone. But i play to little to improve my skills.