Sounds

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Sounds

Post by The Dark Voice »

Was trying to find the giants sounds (I.E. sound effects, like explosions and such) and was wondering if anyone knew where they were kept.

Also, does anyone know a way to convert the music into .wav or .mp3 files?
Reventon134
Lord of the Vimps

Post by Reventon134 »

All i have found in Giants folder are ambient sounds, characters' voices and music played in the background of the cutscenes. The .RAW files couldn't be opened by Winamp, just 1 second of silence each. And search for converters, there are lots of them out there.
zawj3
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by zawj3 »

Some sound effects are kept in .gzp files in \bin directory, you'll need an extractor (e.g. Dragon Unpacker) to be able to browse these files. Explosion sounds are in xx_permanentaliens.gzp.
Just prepare to spend some time looking for these, there's a lot of unrelated stuff here, including things that aren't even used in the game.

Music files can be opened and converted with Audacity (use the "import raw data" option), but it's probably better to obtain OST from some other source, the files included with the game are divided into lots of short parts.
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

Thanks man!
I just finished compiling the first mecc song into one audio file, if anyone wants it.