What games have the fun, humour, & imagination of GIANTS

General comments and topics relating to Giants.

Moderator: Staff

askelly35
Kabuto's Playtoy

What games have the fun, humour, & imagination of GIANTS

Post by askelly35 »

So MANY games are all too serious these days... killing people that , well, look like real people with guns that look & sound like well, real guns...

I want to kill monsters with three heads using a gun that shoots piranhas on a planet that's all pink and purple...

ok you get the idea...

Today's games are all about making it real. I don't want real. I want fun...

Portal 2 was fun... but what else??

Suggestions??
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Re: What games have the fun, humour, & imagination of GI

Post by NKNWN »

askelly35 wrote:So MANY games are all too serious these days... killing people that , well, look like real people with guns that look & sound like well, real guns...

I want to kill monsters with three heads using a gun that shoots piranhas on a planet that's all pink and purple...

ok you get the idea...

Today's games are all about making it real. I don't want real. I want fun...

Portal 2 was fun... but what else??

Suggestions??
i don't think there are games such giants :( but the closer game that i've seen is TribesA sry for the bad english
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

The closest thing to Giants in terms of humor/wackiness (as well as the third person gameplay) would have to be Armed and Dangerous. Also, MDK and MDK2 might fit the bill. I haven't played them myself, but being a product of Interplay I'm inclined to believe the praise it receives for gameplay and humor. They're all pretty old, but yeah, today's games and everything..
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Xentek wrote:The closest thing to Giants in terms of humor/wackiness (as well as the third person gameplay) would have to be Armed and Dangerous.
i agree with that ,but games of this times .-. i didnt see one like those ...
Xentek
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Xentek »

Well, there are plenty of games that do away with the realism nowadays. Just nothing that's really 'wacky' (like piranha guns), except maybe some indie/mobile games. The ones I named are simply the closest thing that come to Giants. Though it's not that surprising looking at the shared developer/publisher.

If you're open to things that are unique, though different from Giants and a bit more recent, you could give Alice: Madness Returns a try. If you have someone to play with and looking for more humor, Magicka and Castle Crashers can be good for a bunch of laughs as well.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Xentek wrote:Well, there are plenty of games that do away with the realism nowadays. Just nothing that's really 'wacky' (like piranha guns), except maybe some indie/mobile games. The ones I named are simply the closest thing that come to Giants. Though it's not that surprising looking at the shared developer/publisher.

If you're open to things that are unique, though different from Giants and a bit more recent, you could give Alice: Madness Returns a try. If you have someone to play with and looking for more humor, Magicka and Castle Crashers can be good for a bunch of laughs as well.
a:mr is a good game i've finished it 2 times ,the graphics are cool ),the weapons are deadly,there are many different enemies, i think that's a good recommendation.
but giants its still more fun and kills my time playing the multiplayer
i wish to see a RRG gck with that deleted content on it and many players on it :(
The Dark Voice
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by The Dark Voice »

If you want a really fun game, try antichamber.
Tom46
Kabuto's Playtoy

Post by Tom46 »

I just finished Zeno Clash and am extremely fond of that game...almost as much as Giants which is really saying something. The developers of Zeno Clash have astonishing creativity and imaginations.

At the risk of being obvious, I would have given almost anything for Giants to continue...it may be the greatest game I've ever played.
NKNWN
Lord of the Vimps

Post by NKNWN »

Tom46 wrote:I just finished Zeno Clash and am extremely fond of that game...almost as much as Giants which is really saying something. The developers of Zeno Clash have astonishing creativity and imaginations.

At the risk of being obvious, I would have given almost anything for Giants to continue...it may be the greatest game I've ever played.
try with the game from shiny "Sacrifice"
Salazar
Reg the Smooth Operator

Post by Salazar »

Grand Theft Auto with crazy mods.